Over the last 15 years do you consider yourself.....

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!

Over the last 15 years do you consider yourself.....

More of a Stranglers fanatic
26%
About the same as I was back then
32%
Not as obsessive actually.
42%

Total votes: 131

GRIFF
Ugly
Ugly

fans forum?

Post by GRIFF » 28 Oct 2007, 13:10

apologies to those who matter. one and a half bottles of red and a few beers helps me vent , wether it is welcome or not. it was the recent posts about raven and paul fox ( when everyone goes of on a "they will be sorely missed, or " our thoughts and love go out to their family and friends" posts.)

(Some of) The people who visit this site seem to show very little respect for the living (considering they call themselves "fans") and I suppose when I see posts aimed at point scoring or attempts to look witty and clever , it makes me see RED (or white, whatever is available really) Surely you understand my point. I suppose its only a matter of time before we see these individuals sending their condolences (two faced twunts that they are) to band members(past and present)and their family. ps please let that be a very very long time. apologies again jim.
Griff

Old Codger
Rats Rally

Post by Old Codger » 28 Oct 2007, 13:43

I'm sure you are forgiven Griff, I have been known to reveal my true feelings after a jar or two, not so much on here but with people I should care more about.

Anyway, back to the topic. I had to vote less obsessed because I don't sit on the pavement outside record shops waiting for them to open to get my pre ordered singles on the day they came out any more. There isn't much that can bring the feeling of those days back, even a cracking gig sadly.
Sometimes I prefer to remember them how they were.

I know one thing, and that is that I will be gutted when the end comes in whatever form that happens.

Have fun at the Roundhouse and God Bless the Mib and all who sail in her!

OC
Are these the devil, are they four (again)?

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling » 28 Oct 2007, 16:07

It's funny how Shandy effects some people.

MANUINBLACK
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by MANUINBLACK » 07 Nov 2007, 15:41

only band i can say i love :oops: :smt007
well that was amazing,its taken him all day to learn that bass solo

strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Over the last 15 years do you consider yourself.....

Post by strangledinAuch » 18 Mar 2014, 21:12

going back to around 79/80,I remember my cousin saying to me "why do you listen to that shit"

he was alot bigger than me :lol:, i just said it's the Stranglers,they will always be my favourite band

he laughed and said,no chance,you'll be into something else soon enough

I knew at the time that wouldn't happen and it never has
well why not,I always keep my socks on

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Over the last 15 years do you consider yourself.....

Post by Jon the Impaler » 23 Mar 2014, 17:32

Got to think - what was I like in 1999 .... I think I was at the stage then that any greatest hits type thing came out I'd get it regardless . Around mid 2000's I guess I stopped getting them as basically they are all the same in a different package so primarily I judge it by that , I'd have to say a bit less fanatical then . Having said that I do believe that that they've bought out 2 of their best albums since at least Hugh left in Norfolk and Suite BUT dropped the almighty clanger of Giants in a way to balance it . I'd definitely say I'm probably less fanatic than in 1999 and even more so than in the 80's when I'd get any Stranglers related item I could find . Maybe I'm just more choosey these days .
All quiet ..........