Rat Chat

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Rat Chat

Post by theraven1979 »

the taxman wrote:
aldinblack wrote: 21 May 2021, 23:01 Yeah, well the package I ordered for the album includes a cassette..
Not really sure what I'm going to do with it though..
Does anybody actually even have a cassette player nowadays ? Do they even still make them? Might still exist in an older model car perhaps...
This is an excellent cassette/usb player/recorder:
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5740413 ... tte:3:33:1
You can also record cassettes to usb with a press of a button and play usbs on it
You can also use the phone or mic socket socket to connect to hifi,think its the phone one, using a cheap 2 way adaptor to plug in the red/black cord
Looks good but i don't like Bush. *Ahem*

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:
the taxman wrote:
aldinblack wrote: 21 May 2021, 23:01 Yeah, well the package I ordered for the album includes a cassette..
Does anybody actually even have a cassette player nowadays ? Do they even still make them? Might still exist in an older model car perhaps...
This is an excellent cassette/usb player/recorder:
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5740413 ... tte:3:33:1
You can also record cassettes to usb with a press of a button and play usbs on it
You can also use the phone or mic socket socket to connect to hifi,think its the phone one, using a cheap 2 way adaptor to plug in the red/black cord
Looks good but i don't like Bush. *Ahem*

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Oohh! Suits you sir.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 May 2021, 00:34 I Have a Cd player with two cassette decks, it's years old but touch wood still works. Lt Kudu.
So do I, but the cassette decks stopped working years ago! CD player is still good and the speakers are loud, so I do still use it :grin:

Another nice Rat Chat, nothing we didn't already know, but good to see Baz and JJ and it was lovely of them to genuinely thank us for buying the Dave single 💖👏
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

sendwarrior wrote: 22 May 2021, 10:40
Greatkudu wrote: 22 May 2021, 00:34 I Have a Cd player with two cassette decks, it's years old but touch wood still works. Lt Kudu.
So do I, but the cassette decks stopped working years ago! CD player is still good and the speakers are loud, so I do still use it :grin:

Another nice Rat Chat, nothing we didn't already know, but good to see Baz and JJ and it was lovely of them to genuinely thank us for buying the Dave single 💖👏
Yes It was nice of them to say thanks. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Car Boots or E bay....
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

I forget how much I like Baz sometimes..
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

Get yourself a nakamichi off ebay
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Great rat chat one of he best so much now more informative about things...working on JJs poem my last one,it will be called ..............
Jean Jaques Burnel...Le Maire Musicien (The Master Musician) when its finished that i hope people will enjoy.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Josh wrote: 22 May 2021, 14:14 I forget how much I like Baz sometimes..
Baz strikes me as being a down to Earth guy and a genuinely nice person, and I think he's no slouch as a guitarist either - if not a particularly inventive one. He's a bit hit and miss as a songwriter, mind, although he's good when he hits the mark. Still think he's the weakest singer the band have ever had though and wish that Paul hadn't left. They would have been stronger with him, I think.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 23 May 2021, 15:02
Baz strikes me as being a down to Earth guy and a genuinely nice person, and I think he's no slouch as a guitarist either - if not a particularly inventive one. He's a bit hit and miss as a songwriter, mind, although he's good when he hits the mark. Still think he's the weakest singer the band have ever had though and wish that Paul hadn't left. They would have been stronger with him, I think.
I second all of that.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Baz is a very nice down to earth man, Paul may have been a better singer, but IMHO his vocals ruined the old songs, Baz sings the old songs with respect and with respect for Hugh with the guitar parts, so on balance I much prefer the band with Baz on vocals, and he has improved, and his voice sounds really good on the new material. Lt Kudu.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

parasiteinblack wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 23 May 2021, 15:02
I second all of that.
Yes agree 'hitting the mark' is key for Baz and when he does he sounds excellent. But Paul is a better overall vocalist / lyricist.
Even so overall Baz fits in with JJ and the band much better imo.

I think in the new album they would've ironed out the "problems" and it should feature Baz with suitable songs and at his very best..

I Hate You !