THE STRANGLERS TOP 40

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: THE STRANGLERS TOP 40

Post by Alexinblack » 02 Jan 2014, 20:47

Took me a while to do this list, quite a lot of the songs pick themselves. But a few were hard choices to put in. I have left some really good songs out.

alan baty
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by alan baty » 05 Jan 2014, 23:50

Jon the Impaler wrote:I've done one , but is there a point to this ? What I mean is - are they compiling this to get some idea of what to play next tour ? got ot be a reason other than just sticking fans favourites on the website .
Some observations too - Golden Brown - their biggest seller EVER - isn't all that popular among us on the list of favourites . Best non M1 song looks to be Relentless ( not surprising really ) .
You cant really pick a top 40 cos the ones you dont pick are to good to leave out....and my best of cha :smt005 nges all the time.

strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch » 01 Aug 2015, 18:13

well why not,I always keep my socks on

StanInBlack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by StanInBlack » 01 Aug 2015, 19:37

Y'know, it would be great if this was re-ran again, like what parasiteinblack is doing with the albums at the moment. I think it'd be great, providing that the ballots are submitted by PM or something so nobody can see what everyone else is voting for, and then when the results get rolled out, they get rolled out steadily to keep some sense of excitement rather than letting everyone see the results in one go. If we got everybody to submit their 50 favourite Stranglers tracks, and in a catalogue of over 100 songs, there should be enough different songs voted for to make up a Top 100.

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler » 04 Aug 2015, 06:08

StanInBlack wrote:Y'know, it would be great if this was re-ran again, like what parasiteinblack is doing with the albums at the moment. I think it'd be great, providing that the ballots are submitted by PM or something so nobody can see what everyone else is voting for, and then when the results get rolled out, they get rolled out steadily to keep some sense of excitement rather than letting everyone see the results in one go. If we got everybody to submit their 50 favourite Stranglers tracks, and in a catalogue of over 100 songs, there should be enough different songs voted for to make up a Top 100.
I'm guessing there are over 300 Stranglers songs now .
All quiet ..........

StanInBlack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by StanInBlack » 04 Aug 2015, 09:01

Jon the Impaler wrote:
StanInBlack wrote:Y'know, it would be great if this was re-ran again, like what parasiteinblack is doing with the albums at the moment. I think it'd be great, providing that the ballots are submitted by PM or something so nobody can see what everyone else is voting for, and then when the results get rolled out, they get rolled out steadily to keep some sense of excitement rather than letting everyone see the results in one go. If we got everybody to submit their 50 favourite Stranglers tracks, and in a catalogue of over 100 songs, there should be enough different songs voted for to make up a Top 100.
I'm guessing there are over 300 Stranglers songs now .
Yeah, I think it's around the 300 mark, or close to that... especially when you factor in rarities/unreleased stuff etc.