Favorite song on the Raven?

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!

Best song on the Raven

Longships
2%
The Raven
48%
Dead Loss Angeles
3%
Ice
No votes
Baroque Bordello
14%
Nuclear Device
6%
Shah
2%
Dont Bring Harry
2%
Duchess
10%
Meninblack
No votes
Genetix
14%

Total votes: 125

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Favorite song on the Raven?

Post by Alexinblack » 01 Nov 2013, 19:12

A real tough one for me, as all eleven songs on the album are pure quality, and I think that Raven is the best album the Stranglers have ever done. My choice though goes to Genetix, The whole 5 minutes 15 seconds of this song is just brilliant. A good song to start and end a gig with too.

mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Favorite song on the Raven?

Post by mickinblack » 01 Nov 2013, 21:05

The Raven

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler » 02 Nov 2013, 09:15

This is probably the most difficult album to choose from for me . A compelling arguement for any of Raven , Longships , Nuclear Device , Shah , Duchess , Genetix .... even the lesser tracks are fine tracks .
I went for Duchess , which as a single should have done far better than it did - top 10 ( well done Sir bloody Cliff wankface - christian tosspot ) but so easily can be any of the others mentioned .
I like Longships - an excellent intro to the album , atmospheric , choppy , lively - an excellent instrumental .... its the excellence of this and their other instrumentals of the late 70's that left me so disappointed with the dull plodding Camden more recently . Bloody hell , could they write a song back then . A band at the very top of their form .
All quiet ..........

Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes » 02 Nov 2013, 10:55

Can't really vote against the title track.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop

aldinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by aldinblack » 02 Nov 2013, 13:43

very difficult to choose I agree but for me the very best tracks are Raven, Baroque, and of course Genetix.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I Hate You !

Greatkudu
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Greatkudu » 02 Nov 2013, 14:26

I love every song,but If i had to pick one it would have to be "Genetix" simple reason it's so off the wall and has Jet's greatest drum pattern IMHO,pure genius.

elvisintheclouds
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by elvisintheclouds » 02 Nov 2013, 18:57

Tough call! Genetix by a whisker...
Thank you very much
EiTC

saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack » 02 Nov 2013, 19:12

The Raven has to be the best, most diverse and most complete Stranglers album and the title track is the imperious best of them all - only Sewer stops it being the greatest song ever by the band IMHO.

One thing though for those who pretend this is a genuine choice from 11 tracks, I bet we could poll 100,000 people who bought this beauty and not a single one of them would choose The Meninblack as the best track. 8)
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive

parasiteinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by parasiteinblack » 02 Nov 2013, 20:17

Duchess is my favourite song by anyone, so that. The Raven is my favourite Stranglers album though so there are lots of close second places.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"

aldinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by aldinblack » 02 Nov 2013, 20:55

saminblack wrote:The Raven has to be the best, most diverse and most complete Stranglers album and the title track is the imperious best of them all - only Sewer stops it being the greatest song ever by the band IMHO.

One thing though for those who pretend this is a genuine choice from 11 tracks, I bet we could poll 100,000 people who bought this beauty and not a single one of them would choose The Meninblack as the best track. 8)
meninblack is experimental & can't really be taken seriously. The likes of The Raven & Genetix are masterpieces up there with Sewer I agree.

I Hate You !

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack » 02 Nov 2013, 22:29

aldinblack wrote:
saminblack wrote:The Raven has to be the best, most diverse and most complete Stranglers album and the title track is the imperious best of them all - only Sewer stops it being the greatest song ever by the band IMHO.

meninblack is experimental & can't really be taken seriously. The likes of The Raven & Genetix are masterpieces up there with Sewer I agree.

I do like Meninblack, however The Raven, Genetix, Sewer are in a different league.

jaydee1964
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jaydee1964 » 03 Nov 2013, 09:04

Can't really choose from such a genius album .it's all superb only MIB that's novelty song but then it's like a prelude to TGATTMIB anyway

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."