Stranglers Tribute Bands!

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

mabus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by mabus »

I said I have seen the real Floyd back in 1988
I would call PF 1988 a tribute band too - Some strange blonde haired guy with a mullet playing the part of Roger Waters.

And to be pedantic Syd's replacement singing!

But overall PF 1988 were a shadow of the band that released Dark Side and Wish You Were Here
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Being a big Syd fan myself (I prefer Syd's Floyd) I do agree with you but I do love Dave too, one of my fave guitar players.

Unfortunately I was only just born when Syd was in the band so couldn't get to see them and had to settle for the 1988 line up instead.

:-)
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I'm sure 4MH are great at what they do.. blah! blah!...

but I'll never understand people who criticise the latest Stranglers line-up for sounding/becoming like a 'tribute band', whilst extolling the virtues of a...erm...Stranglers tribute band! :?

I also find it difficult to comprehend how some Stranglers fans appear to have no time for a band which still features JJ Burnel, Jet Black & Dave Greenfield........ :shock: You prefer to see a band that contains no original members than one with THREE? :?:

This is not a dig at 4MoreHeroes before anyone starts.....and of course they should be applauded for their efforts to keep Stranglers music alive....

..but why is that snide & sarcastic comments towards (so-called) Mk3 Stranglers always seem to be part & parcel of a 4MH-related post?

And, finally, how can anyone say they prefer to see 4MH over Mk3 when they've never even seen Mk3 Stranglers? :roll:

I have no axe to grind with the number one Stranglers tribute band, but some of the comments from their fans push me into 'TONGUE IN CHEEK WIND-UP MERCHANT mode :lol:

Who really gives a fuck, eh? :-)
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

ThruBeingCool wrote:I'm sure 4MH are great at what they do.. blah! blah!...

but I'll never understand people who criticise the latest Stranglers line-up for sounding/becoming like a 'tribute band', whilst extolling the virtues of a...erm...Stranglers tribute band! :?

I also find it difficult to comprehend how some Stranglers fans appear to have no time for a band which still features JJ Burnel, Jet Black & Dave Greenfield........ :shock: You prefer to see a band that contains no original members than one with THREE? :?:

This is not a dig at 4MoreHeroes before anyone starts.....and of course they should be applauded for their efforts to keep Stranglers music alive....

..but why is that snide & sarcastic comments towards (so-called) Mk3 Stranglers always seem to be part & parcel of a 4MH-related post?

And, finally, how can anyone say they prefer to see 4MH over Mk3 when they've never even seen Mk3 Stranglers? :roll:

I have no axe to grind with the number one Stranglers tribute band, but some of the comments from their fans push me into 'TONGUE IN CHEEK WIND-UP MERCHANT mode :lol:

Perfectly put TBC.

If the Strangs MK III are called'a tribute band' then does that make Hughs band a Strang tribute band cos you've got two other people playing JJ's and Jets music.
Good as they may be but I'm lost for words when people say they would rather go see a trubute band that 'the real thing'. :roll:

''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Isn't life complicated Barry! :lol:

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:I'm sure 4MH are great at what they do.. blah! blah!...

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Ive only seen Mk3 about 20 times but I'd still rather go see 4mh anyday. Hugh recently said he'd be happy to see a Stranglers band in every country in the world, cos it keeps the music alive. 4mh not only keep the music alive but the spirit, how its meant to be played etc.
just hanging around

Post by Guest »

The reason I go to see a Tribute Band is either 'cos I have no chance of seeing the originals (Split up/Play too far away from me to see, London etc) or because I fancy a boogie woogie with me mates and have a few beers, not get ripped off at astronomical prices to see a band that are 1/2 a mile away from me (Sorry Floyd fans) and I can park the car outside the pub to see the band and meet other fans.

But if you don't want to go, well ..... that's up to you and I know the music is not going to be as good as the original, but they are fans and what the feck !!!!

A good saturday night at the Pub overlooking Poole Quay with a few mates and a couple of pints of Stella on a warm summers night, shouting go buddy go is ideal to me :grin: :grin:
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Theresurearealotofthem... wrote: A good saturday night at the Pub overlooking Poole Quay with a few mates and a couple of pints of Stella on a warm summers night, shouting go buddy go is ideal to me :grin: :grin:
Well, when you put it like that... 8) :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Of course - 4MH are cool and then having several ales too many with good mates is an (almost) perfect night

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:
Theresurearealotofthem... wrote: A good saturday night at the Pub overlooking Poole Quay with a few mates and a couple of pints of Stella on a warm summers night, shouting go buddy go is ideal to me :grin: :grin:
Well, when you put it like that... 8) :lol:
Tracy
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Tracy »

gizzard wrote:
Tracy wrote:Yes you must 4MH are great I've seen them 30+ times and I can-not wait until they do another gig.............................ROLL ON :lol:

Tracy :lol:
:shock:
Yes Gizzard?
When we're dead and gone when we get where we belong and we've sung the final song get the first bus to Babylon
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

In the absence of a 'Gizzard's' post/reply...I reckon he was trying to say...

a) YOU ARE SAD!

OR..possibly..

b) YOU ARE MAD!

or both!...AND HAVE NO LIFE!

but that's only a guess! :lol:

It does beggar belief how someone could be devoted to a tribute band so much. Most people aren't that arsed about the various official incarnations of The Stranglers! :cry: :? ..nevermind the 'fakers!/' :o

I reckon 'Suchi' wants to give 'Tracy' one in Bahrein meself! But that's only a thought! :wink:

Don't wanna have the 'HC' internet police on me back! :lol:

I've said too much!..doh!....

KINSKI IS WATCHING YOU!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Just when I thought no one was in this part of the forums good old Spooner keeping these threads going. Nice one Barry!

I hear 4MH news could be round the corner

Jim