I went to see Stipe last night at Mr Kyps in Poole
http://www.mrkyps.net

An excellent night if you like REM - If you get the chance to see them
GO!! They played a load of hits and a few in betweenies

:P
Sancho Panza
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sancho Panza »

Do they do early material from Murmur/Reckoning/Fables etc?

I was really into REM in that period up to Green. Got a stack of bootlegs and videos if any one is interested in a trade. (Oh and I met them twice and got Bill Berry very drunk)
Don Baterista
Sancho Panza
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sancho Panza »

Do they do early material from Murmur/Reckoning/Fables etc?

I was really into REM in that period up to Green. Got a stack of bootlegs and videos if any one is interested in a trade. (Oh and I met them twice and got Bill Berry very drunk)
Don Baterista

Post by Guest »

They covered all the music from 80 something to today - So there were a few tracks I did not recognise :oops:

But the bloke actually looked like Micheal Stipe as well - His voice was not bad either, and he got the crowd singing along for most of the night

:grin:
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Theresurearealotofthem... wrote:...But the bloke actually looked like Micheal Stipe as well
:grin:
Jeez- that is unfortunate- looking like Michael "Skull on a stick" Stipe.
REM's 1st 2 albums (+ Cronic Town EP)were brilliant, but lost interest rapidly after that though.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Their 80's stuff is far superior to the 90's & beyond material.

I reckon 'Life's Rich Pageant' is their best album, followed closely by 'Document'.

R.E.M used to be a great band but they've gone downhill lately imho. In fact, I didn't bother buying their last album due to the poor quality of the previous 2. Can't even remember what it's called.

Post by Guest »

Around the Sun - I like their poppy stuff, not a huge fan of them - Saw them supporting U2 in the mid 80's at Milton Keynes (Maybe Joshua Tree or Rattle and Hum tour)

Actually I saw another excellent Support Act - U2 supporting Midnight Oil at The Lyceum back in the very early 80's!!!
LAIDBLACKINKENT
Down In The Sewer

Post by LAIDBLACKINKENT »

Remember seeing Dire Straits supporting Squeeze at the Albany Empire in Deptford, must have been about 1978..whatever happened to them.
'Document' REM'S finest moment downhill after that.
Have you all got your Crackerjack pencils