Forums 4MH bash (potential)

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Forums 4MH bash (potential)

Post by theraven1979 »

Just if, for example, we were having a forums get together say September this year with 4 More Heroes supporting possibly in somewhere central like Peterborough (any other suggestions). Who would be interested?

Disclaimer: This would be a non-Stranglers event - nothing to do with the band whatsoever. Simply a forums sesh with perhaps 4MH playing and a curry afterwards? No money will be exchanged apart from what you wish to spend on beer etc just like a normal night out.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Great idea! I've been hoping something like this could be arranged.Would go for sure.It would just be a case of arranging the time off from work.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I guess we would be trying for a Saturday

Jim
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Jim - up for it. Brilliant idea.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
janek
Rats Rally

Post by janek »

great idea ! i hope i'll be able to come (i'm in england in the summer), it would be more possible if the event was about a month earlier ... but i don't want to make a mess - set a good day for those who are sure to come, and i'll do my best to come also
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

I'm up for it, if I'm at home that is.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

Yeah I'd be up for that. Shouldn't it be in Leeds though? That's a bit more central for us up here. Would the Southerners travel to Yorks?!

Peterborough doesn't exactly have a lot going for it anyway! (eh Grinder?)
John
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by John »

Sounds like a great idea, not sure about peterborough though, last time i was there was at the convention. A bit more nearer yorkshire would be ideal, i would def. travel from scotland.
Hope there is enough interest for it to go ahead.

John
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Well Leeds would be easier for the band.

Like I say the floor is open for debate.

Jim
doninblack wrote:Yeah I'd be up for that. Shouldn't it be in Leeds though? That's a bit more central for us up here. Would the Southerners travel to Yorks?!

Peterborough doesn't exactly have a lot going for it anyway! (eh Grinder?)
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

I'm up for this as Jim already knows. But I think the Peterborough suggestion - from Dom actually when I was on the phone to him was a bloody good one, and as he said it's accessible from Leeds and London (and most other places too no doubt)

Driving, it would personally take me just over the hour (personal best!) Yorks is too far for me, I must admit! But if I drove, I could give a lift to 3 more (heroes).

Jim - are 4MH are up for that sort of travelling? I'd like to think they would have plenty of 'roadies' to help them hump out the gear, but in my experience, you wouldn't be able to get Stranglers fans away from the bar for a long enough length of time.

But just imagine it! :o
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Peterborough or Leeds are fine by me,but there again I live in the Midlands.There are loads of Scots on the forums.It would be ashame if Peterborough was prohibitive for them.What about Nottingham?Hasn't Barry arranged a gig or two at The Golden Fleece?He might be up for doing it again.Just a thought.
Last edited by nickinblack on 19 Jan 2006, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Sounds like a great idea in principle.

Re - The Golden Fleece, Nottingham:

Not sure if I'll ever be involved with organising any gigs there again. Steve, who owned the pub, sold up last year (or at least it was up for sale the last time I spoke to him). I've no idea who's running the place now or even what the music policy may be.

Actually, Dave Berridge (who I think is in 4MH now) may know more. He's played 'solo' there in the past and I'm sure would be more informed as to the pheasibility of a gig there. This may surprise some of you but I have actually thought about trying to get 4MH down to 'The Fleece' in the past. :shock:

Anyhows, if something was arranged for Nottm I'd be more than willing to lend a hand in whatever way to support the event.

I hope it goes ahead, about time there was a bit of a forums knees-up, wherever it is. If the time is convenient I'll do me best to make it.

(btw Nick - thanks for thinking of me! :wink: )