John
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by John »

Sounds too good to be true, bring it on a.s.a.p
Mad Hatter
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Mad Hatter »

Can't wait. Hope we get some more information soon.
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Hatter..... U know any good venues they could play in Cardiff or Newport?
Gotta be good payers as well! :grin: Its a fuckin long drive from Leeds!!
just hanging around
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

This thread is freaky!.....I've been a fan of The Stranglers for approx a quarter of a century ...blah!blah!..etc

BUT!....even I can come to terms with the fact that 'the band' have moved on & had various line-up changes! The very thought of a tribute band!

However, all this "Let's get the TRIBUTE band to reform!" shite is beyond me! I can't believe that there's a campaign to get a bunch of copyists back on the road. Let's sort the real STRANGLERS out first, "shirley"!

Does anyone actually believe that a tribute band can be/is more authentic than the real deal? NO CHANCE!

I'm playing the devil's advocate here but my advice to 4MH is..don't bother reforming!

Hardly anyone gives a fuck about the real Stranglers theses days anyhow, and there are only a handful of people who browse the Stranglers-related sites who would possibly shell-out to see a tribute act in some crappy, off the beaten track pub!

Forget it! Don't ever give up the day job!

The truth hurts sometimes! :(
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You`ve clearly never seen 4MH live then? IMO (actually a few others as well) 4MH are much more of an entertaining prospect than seeing the real deal these days

You`re way off the mark man.

Stick to your Paul Roberts gigs.

Jim

ThruBeingCool wrote:This thread is freaky!.....I've been a fan of The Stranglers for approx a quarter of a century ...blah!blah!..etc

BUT!....even I can come to terms with the fact that 'the band' have moved on & had various line-up changes! The very thought of a tribute band!

However, all this "Let's get the TRIBUTE band to reform!" shite is beyond me! I can't believe that there's a campaign to get a bunch of copyists back on the road. Let's sort the real STRANGLERS out first, "shirley"!

Does anyone actually believe that a tribute band can be/is more authentic than the real deal? NO CHANCE!

I'm playing the devil's advocate here but my advice to 4MH is..don't bother reforming!

Hardly anyone gives a fuck about the real Stranglers theses days anyhow, and there are only a handful of people who browse the Stranglers-related sites who would possibly shell-out to see a tribute act in some crappy, off the beaten track pub!

Forget it! Don't ever give up the day job!

The truth hurts sometimes! :(
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

4mh REALLY are more entertaining than the current line up have ever been, and if you would rather pay good money to see Roberts and his band, whatever they are called this week, in a similar shitty pub, then thats your loss. Remember that the current Stranglers line up is just a tribute band, but one that lacks the energy and power of 4mh. If you actually went along you'd see why we rate them highly.
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Classic Rock magazine (and others) rated 4MH as one of the best tribute bands on the circuit

Jim
John
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by John »

4 mh are indeed a superb tribute band and i will always go and see these guys before i go to see the current stranglers line up. 4 mh live performances are as close as you can get to the way the stranglers were.
Hopefully will be able to see 4mh in the near future and if anyone has not seen them before, then do check them out, you will not be disappointed.
Alinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alinblack »

I reckon if you had The Stranglers and 4MH play on the same bill in front of a big Stranglers audience that 4MH would blow the real band away! 4MH sound is VERY close to the early Stranglers sound whereas the current Stranglers sound is totally different.
Tribute bands don't sound very appealing in general but there are a few exceptional ones about. Let's hope that we get another chance to see 4MH again and that those contributers actually go along and see them before writing about them....

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing any negative comments about 4MH -
the truth hurts sometimes!! :-)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one Al - I agree with every bit of it - I think we can safely say that TBC is thankfully in the minority

Jim
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

I think 4MH geeting out there again can only be excellent news. At least they're doing something, entertaining, carrying the name forward, while reliving some of the past.
Anyone know Arnie McMurphy BTW?
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Well after actually speaking to Jon last night....there is a very positive, upbeat outlook in the camp at the mo and my advice is.....

look forward to the new year.

Some will be surprised, some shocked but most will be delighted with what will hopefully happen.

:grin: :shock: :grin:
just hanging around