Four More Heroes at Norton

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Well, where to begin! Norton is a village somewhere near Doncaster. It has a Pub, a chippy, a bus that runs once a day and the Coronation Working Mens Club, the venue for tonights gig! We roll up at 8 pm and the place is nearly full already! But hang about, other than the band, we are the only people wearing black! ??? It turns out to be a sort of semi-private bash for someone who is a Strangs fan.
Anyway, Jon introduces us to possible new bassist, Dave, who used to play guitar in No More Heroes. It transpires that he's only practiced with the band 3 times and is pretty nervous. He hasn't decided whether he's gonna do the bass full time yet, he wants to see what happens with this gig. I think he may be staying! :clap:
So 9pm arrives and so does the Peter Kay Pheonix Club compare." Hello and welcome to the Pheonix, sorry Norton Coronation Club. Tonight we've got a lovely bunch of lads to entertain you, theyre a bit special these lads. Lets have a big warm Norton welcome for the fabulous boy/girl duo....er sorry the fabulous Four More Heroes! Take it away lads!"
Oh no! :taxidriver:
The band play a classic set, with new boy Dave fitting in well, and despite his gear being cobbled together at the last minute, he's sounding good. He gets his vocal debut with the second song...Change. No problems with his voice. And we also have a new sound man tonight and it would appear that this guy knows the score. Very clear sound, lovely reverb/ delay on the bass so that songs like Family have THAT bass sound, rather than the compressed/dull/lifeless sound we've been hearing from the bass lately.
An hour later and the band finish the first set.....speak to Dave, I think he's our man. "Ladies and Gentlemen, its time for the members draw". Fuck me he's doing a raffle, next the bingo balls will be appearing! :wanker:
So on with the second set and now the crowd has had a few beers and they're up and dancing.
Sleazy comes round and we have a couple of young ladies on stage...yes we are getting the full show! Alas its not to be, no-one told them they were supposed to get their kit off! I wonder how much to hire a stripper to come onstage, get her tits out n then fuck off.
Highlights....Bitching, Family, MSD, Tank, Grip, Toiler, The Raven etc etc.
Sewer is back in its rightfull place as the set closer. And we got Raven, Heroes and Toiler as encores.
The band played till almost midnight and the last hour was very hot and sweaty with a group at the front, including Jim, going apeshit for every song.
So, another great gig came to an end with compare man telling us how great Four More Heroes were.....the most sensible thing he'd said all night.
Afterwards, we saw a poster informing the members that as 4mh have a lot of equipment and are very loud, the bingo was cancelled this week! :laugh: :clap:

Now dont forget, they are playing at the NEW ROSCOE in Leeds next Sunday, so go along and have a good time!
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Not the Cockpit Carl that`s the Hugh gig in Oct -It`s the New Roscoe

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Another blinding gig last night.

Got to this working men's club at around 8. Thought the place would be empty but it was packed out. Aparantly a Stranglers fan is out living in Oz and he came over and arranged the gig. So all his family were there. Was Granny in for a treat or what?! :D

Band kicked off with a storming version of Sometimes, then we had over 2 hours of oldies but goldies. Bitching, Grip, Toiler, Always The Sun, Golden Brown (took a slash - coversation in toliets "not my cup of tea this, I can tell they`re good but not for me) , Tank, Threatened, The Raven, Dag Dave, Peaches, WWTW, MDS into Euro Femme, Sewer etc etc

Almost killed meself pogoing to Sewer

Top night - Like Carl says they are playing Leeds next Sunday so go along and have a good time!

Jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

raveninblack wrote:Well, where to begin! Norton is a village somewhere near Doncaster. It has a Pub, a chippy, a bus than runs once a day and the Coronation Working Mens Club, the venue for tonights gig! We roll up at 8 pm and the place is nearly full already! But hang about, other than the band, we are the only people wearing black! ??? It turns out to be a short of semi-private bash for someone who is a Strangs fan.
Anyway, Jon introduces us to possible new bassist, Dave, who used to play guitar in No More Heroes. It transpires that he's only practiced with the band 3 times and is pretty nervous. He hasn't decided whether he's gonna do the bass full time yet, he wants to see what happens with this gig. I think he may be staying! :clap:
So 9pm arrives and so does the Peter Kay Pheonix Club compare." Hello and welcome to the Pheonix, sorry Norton Coronation Club. Tonight we've got a lovely bunch of lads to entertain you, theyre a bit special these lads. Lets have a big warm Norton welcome for the fabulous boy/girl duo....er sorry the fabulous Four More Heroes! Take it away lads!"
Oh no! :taxidriver:
The band play a classic set, with new boy Dave fitting in well, and despite his gear being cobbled together at the last minute, he's sounding good. He gets his vocal debut with the second song...Change. No problems with his voice. And we also have a new sound man tonight and it would appear that this guy knows the score. Very clear sound, lovely reverb/ delay on the bass so that songs like Family have THAT bass sound, rather than the compressed/dull/lifeless sound we've been hearing from the bass lately.
An hour later and the band finish the first set.....speak to Dave, I think he's our man. "Ladies and Gentlemen, its time for the members draw". Fuck me hes doing a raffle, next the bingo balls will be appearing! :wanker:
So on with the second set and now the crowd has had a few beers and they're up and dancing.
Sleazy comes round and we have a couple of young ladies on stage...yes we are getting the full show! Alas its not to be, no-one told them they were supposed to get their kit off! I wonder how much to hire a stripper to come onstage, get her tits out n then fuck off.
Highlights....Bitching, Family, MSD, Tank, Grip, Toiler, The Raven etc etc.
Sewer is back in its rightfull place as the set closer. And we got Raven, Heroes and Toiler as encores.
The band played till almost midnight and the last hour was very hot and sweaty with a group at the front, including Jim, going apeshit for every song.
So, another great gig came to an end with compare man telling us how great Four More Heroes were.....the most sensible thing he'd said alnight.
Afterwards, we saw a poster informing the members that as 4mh have a lot of equipment and are very loud, the bingo was cancelled this week! :laugh: :clap:

Now dont forget, they are playing at the Cockpit in Leeds next Sunday, so go along and have a good time!

That fucking "compare" cracked me up - Picture the most boring bloke you`ve ever seen in your life. I remember looking at him and thinking "christ you look happy". Next thing he`s on the mic giving it "welcome ladies and gents we`ve got a great night for you tonight".

Was funny cos at the end of the night he was getting cocky and he said something in between songs so Jon goes "Where`s that voice coming from?" and his bassist says "bloody compare over there" so Jon replies "Whoever keeps talking, Can you shut up please" :D

Jim

Edited By theraven1979 on 1088928188
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

yeah...fucked up with the venue for 4mh gig....but it was fuckin 2 in the morning!:D
just hanging around
John
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by John »

Sounds like a top gig, thanks for posting the reviews. So there might be some hope for 4mh continuing to play as the new bass player seemed to fit in ok according to your reviews.
you always reap what you sow
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yep he did a fine job and he`s bound to get better with more gigs

Jim
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Yeah and hes seems a pleasent enough bloke . Once he's got a few gigs under the belt he'll be cool. The intro to Heroes was pretty cool, cut short but superb for it!
just hanging around
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

after having problems with the camera...film jammed, I only managed 3 pics.
So here they are....

just hanging around