4mh Bolton

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Now then Jim, as you've past yer test and you've hopefully got yer mums car, how about coming over to Lanky for a gig....it's always a gud un! And it's Peter Kay country too! Just 5 mins from t'Pheonix Club.
:D
just hanging around
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

:D
Well you missed a crackin gig Jim....
The place was packed, very hot n sweaty....and they had fuckin security geezers at front of stage!! :wtf?:
Opened with Was It You? straight into Sewer, Jon's Telecaster going snap during the song again! Those strings don't like the power of that song.
Classic set all the way through with highlights being Family, Tank, Grip etc. They played from 9.15 thru to gone 11.30.
Jons guitar was fuckin awesome all night, it's time to have The Stranglers MkIV....sack Baz and give Jon the gig!! :D
The only criticism, and it's a constructive one, was that there was TOO MUCH low end on the bass thru the P.A. it was just coming thru as a very low rumbleing boom, boom, boom! And on T.M.T.L.T.H. it deffo needed more top end and more delay, it sounded compressed rather than delayed or reverbed, losing the clarity and impact of JJ's bass sound on that track.
Other than that the sound was good with very clear guitar sound and the keyboards sounding great. By the way "Doc" wasn't feeling too well, suffering from a chipped tooth, but he played a blinder! New sound man needs a bit of practice with the monitors tho, problems with the foldback levels creating a bit of unwanted feedback at times. But other than that it was a fuckin awesome gig! It's just a shame that all you Yorkies and southerners don't make the effort to go and see them. " Use it or lose it" being the motto of the day!
:D :clap:
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one - Itching to do Donny next weekend if I can arrange family shit for the Friday I should be ok

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

raveninblack wrote:Use it or lose it" being the motto of the day!
:D :clap:
Everyone who has seen them has gone "wow!" so if people can`t be arsed it`s there tough shit. Personally I`m trying to see them as many times as poss. There`s a couple of things that have got in the way recently but I should be on for Donny

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"