Greetings - a Stranglers tune for you!

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Greetings - a Stranglers tune for you!

Post by ThruBeingCool »

If I was in a punk band I would love to be called shit!
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Do you really want me to kiss your arses? You know I love you and Dale....surely a punk band can take a punk reply Bubba?

LOL, mate - you did draw me - a bit. :mrgreen: I'm a bit self-conscious and defensive about this unpolished new project. :lol: I forgot that you and Dale were probably mates. Kel(the singer) and Wayne (the bassplayer) are also rabid Stranglers fans, so I took the bait - you bastard! :mrgreen:
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

You certainly did take the bait.

Ok..IMHO...if I was in a pub listening to your new band at full volume with a few pints inside me, well..I would be trying to grab the mic all night...you know that?

Don't think the vid actually does you much justice though...sorry for being controversial but the sad little man that I am just has to speak his mind.
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

ThruBeingCool wrote:You certainly did take the bait.

Ok..IMHO...if I was in a pub listening to your new band at full volume with a few pints inside me, well..I would be trying to grab the mic all night...you know that?

Don't think the vid actually does you much justice though...sorry for being controversial but the sad little man that I am just has to speak his mind.
Yeah, it's a bit distorted, it's in the daytime etc. but I think the enthusiasm for the material shines through :grin: That set got us a full page colour article in the Rotherham local paper today, mind.

It was almost eclipsed by the pigeon clog-fettling festival article though. :wink:
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Good luck to y'all! Punks Not Dead!
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

Cheers, Beryl. BTW, we're second on the bill to Straighten Out at the Doncaster Mapfest in August. Should be a laugh. :D
European female
SHAKESPEARO

Post by European female »

I have seen a couple of you videos you seem alright. What time are you on stage when your playing with straighten out?
I knew she was a feline She moved with ease and grace. Her green eyes they held mystery No emotion on her face
European female
SHAKESPEARO

Post by European female »

Hi bubba I was waiting for your reply but as I didn't get one I rang the venue and they said the band wasn't playing. Is this right? Maybe I will Catch you some other time with straighten out
I knew she was a feline She moved with ease and grace. Her green eyes they held mystery No emotion on her face
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

European female wrote:Hi bubba I was waiting for your reply but as I didn't get one I rang the venue and they said the band wasn't playing. Is this right? Maybe I will Catch you some other time with straighten out
Hi, I've just got back from holiday, and I don't have a modern 'phone!

Yes, that's true, we're no longer playing mapfest. The story is that the provider of the sound system for the punk stage is unwilling to cater for more than three bands, so as the last band to express an interest we were the first to be dropped. Although from second on the bill to not playing at all is a hell of a drop, make of it what you will. :roll:
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

The Hallcross Doncaster gig has been moved to TONIGHT. Slight misunderstanding with the Land lady. :roll: