Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Someone like you?
Rats Rally
Posts: 414
Joined: 19 Oct 2010, 20:29
Location: Dog House Sussex

Re: Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

Post by Someone like you? » 16 Feb 2013, 02:29

Or, if solely a Stranglers Tribute band, "The Chichester Chokers", or "The Strangers" , or going on the way we may work on "own material" whilst slipping a few sly Stranglers numbers into the mix,(old & new, yes inc. Mk II)?.... "Old Kuntz"
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

User avatar
European female
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 14
Joined: 21 Sep 2010, 21:22

Re: Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

Post by European female » 20 Feb 2013, 20:03

I have been reading your comments on here and for what it's worth your wasting your time. I go and see straighten out occasionally who are an awesome band and the nearest thing your gonna get to the stranglers and they can only pull an average sized crowd. The work, commitment and the gear that they put in makes me wonder if it is worth it for them, but obviously they must love it. I believe there is another stranglers "tribute" called stranglers banned who are from down south somewhere and only play very occasionally and these are so inferior to straighten out in every format. I now believe they are even supporting themselves at gigs as another band so they are obviously struggling. But if you just want to do it for fun or a hobby band then good luck to you all
I knew she was a feline She moved with ease and grace. Her green eyes they held mystery No emotion on her face

Someone like you?
Rats Rally
Posts: 414
Joined: 19 Oct 2010, 20:29
Location: Dog House Sussex

Re: Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

Post by Someone like you? » 21 Feb 2013, 01:01

European female wrote:I have been reading your comments on here and for what it's worth your wasting your time. I go and see straighten out occasionally who are an awesome band and the nearest thing your gonna get to the stranglers and they can only pull an average sized crowd. The work, commitment and the gear that they put in makes me wonder if it is worth it for them, but obviously they must love it. I believe there is another stranglers "tribute" called stranglers banned who are from down south somewhere and only play very occasionally and these are so inferior to straighten out in every format. I now believe they are even supporting themselves at gigs as another band so they are obviously struggling. But if you just want to do it for fun or a hobby band then good luck to you all
Cheers EuroFem. Certainly not wasting our time, as our sole aim is to have fun, play for beer, a few quid etc. Private functions/parties.NOT to make it big(laughable)! as we`re all in our late 40`s,so none of us are under any illusions at all. :mrgreen: Neils band was SpeedBox who came 2nd in battle of the bands,@ the finals, circa? 1990? We`ve all played in local punk bands,(1981-85), and used to jam with local bands.
Now we plan to be a PUNK covers band,doing Stranglers/Damned etc. with some original stuff thrown in. If we just play to 10,50,80,100 happy souls, once, twice a week, we`ll be happy.
Main thing is, we`re all grumpy old alcoholic gits, with passion,balls,and we certainly let rip..... as for the music? Work in progress-Haha!
As long as we play well,(even 4 times a month, and I`m talking small locals here) if the punters love it,and we`ll probably get in trouble along the way too :twisted:
Then we`ll be happy?
No! We`ll probably do a few gigs, get no where!?....But, as long we dont take our-selves seriously ( like some bands)? Engage with the audience,play well, and ignore any detractors :roll: Thats all tha matters????
So in answer to ya statement/question? ITS A HOBBY! Yeah, I`ve heard/seen on YT some tribute bands vocalists!!! So I got nothing to worry about! :wink:
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Someone like you?
Rats Rally
Posts: 414
Joined: 19 Oct 2010, 20:29
Location: Dog House Sussex

Re: Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

Post by Someone like you? » 21 Feb 2013, 03:59

European female wrote:I have been reading your comments on here I go and see straighten out occasionally who are an awesome band and the nearest thing your gonna get to the stranglers and they can only pull an average sized crowd. The work, commitment and the gear that they put in makes me wonder if it is worth it for them, but obviously they must love it. I believe there is another stranglers "tribute" called stranglers banned who are from down south somewhere and only play very occasionally and these are so inferior to straighten out in every format. I now believe they are even supporting themselves at gigs as another band so they are obviously struggling. But if you just want to do it for fun or a hobby band then good luck to you all
Hi! :smt006 Regarding "
European female wrote:I have been reading your comments on here and for what it's worth your wasting your time."

I`ve been reading your comments too! :wink:
More of a straighten out fan (95% of ya posts related to them) as opposed to a Stranglers fan eh? (5% of posts)?
Regarding ya comment, " and for what it's worth your wasting your time." ????

A very harsh opinionated comment I think,especially considering that you in ya infinite wisdom have judged without knowing me, or hearing me play bass, or sing,have already deemed the said venture, a waste of time? I have no aspirations to reach the heady heights of straighten outs great success either!
As I already said. 3-4 gigs a month in a flea infested dock-side/sea-side back street tiny bar to 10-50 punters for a tenner for petrol, and 6 free pints will do me -Haha!
As long as I`m happy,punters happy-Thats what its about, (for me, anyways)? (Oooh wasn`t that how the Chiddingfold Stranglers started out)???
Thanks for your support EuroFem, Cheers :mrgreen:
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Someone like you?
Rats Rally
Posts: 414
Joined: 19 Oct 2010, 20:29
Location: Dog House Sussex

Re: Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

Post by Someone like you? » 21 Feb 2013, 04:14

Oh!!!!!! No "professional" muso`s, No professional ego`s , Definately NO professional opinionates recquired, or need apply.

No professional moustaches either, (unless ya names Dave and ya possess a handy organ)!

Half decent handy guitarist recquired.
Keyboardist urgently sought.

Miserable aged boozy gits,with keen sense of humour,who have nothing to lose,who have preferably been around the block,never made it,and are able to make an ass of them-selves, but can play,love of all things hedonistic, and own their own ecquipment,transport may need apply???
For,
( Ideally Stranglers tribute band), or more likely punk/new wave/blues rock combo covers band.

Thank you. :mrgreen:

PM me for further details-Cheers.John.
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

aldinblack
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1372
Joined: 08 Jan 2008, 22:56
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

Post by aldinblack » 21 Feb 2013, 07:43

good luck with it dude. I fit in with many of your requirements - getting old & often miserable etc... only 1 small problem is I can't play to save my life !

What a hobby to have though
I Hate You !

User avatar
elvisintheclouds
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7405
Joined: 22 Nov 2011, 19:17
Location: The South of What Sir?!
Contact:

Re: Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

Post by elvisintheclouds » 21 Feb 2013, 13:35

Good luck with it all SLY? 8)
EiTC
Thank you very much
EiTC

Bubba
Rats Rally
Posts: 492
Joined: 10 Nov 2007, 14:57
Location: Leeds

Re: Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

Post by Bubba » 21 Feb 2013, 22:55

Someone like you? wrote:Hi, I`m moving back to UK,in a few weeks time. Wondering if theres any Sussex/Hampshire based musicians interested in forming a `Glers tribute band based in sussex/hants?
I`m either a bass player, or sing! Have own equipment,pa etc.
I`m a confirmed grumpy bastard,of Jet Black proportions,(attitude, but nearly catching up in the size stakes)! Ha!
Or 47 y.o Bass player, OR Vocalist seeks Band.

Haven`t got a UK mobile tel number yet... so please message me if interested.
Ideally I`d love to join/form a Stranglers tribute band.....either bass/vocals, or interested in a pub rock combo doing Doors,Feelgood covers,original Blues type music as vocalist?

Cheers, Mad John.
It's a shame you're out of my area - I might've been interested in this as I'm doing nowt at the moment. Obviously, proven track record with the Stranglers stuff as I was in Straighten Out for two years, but also pretty good on most other punk/new wave you could mention.

Anybody in the Leeds area wanting to get something together?
It's not the Stranglers without Cornwell.

Someone like you?
Rats Rally
Posts: 414
Joined: 19 Oct 2010, 20:29
Location: Dog House Sussex

Re: Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

Post by Someone like you? » 25 Feb 2013, 13:37

aldinblack wrote:good luck with it dude. I fit in with many of your requirements - getting old & often miserable etc... only 1 small problem is I can't play to save my life !

What a hobby to have though
Damn it Bedfordshire! Long way from Sussex! .... Yep ya meet most of our main requirements alright.... Just, practice,practice,jam & practice,you`ll get there?
Cheers, :smt006
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Someone like you?
Rats Rally
Posts: 414
Joined: 19 Oct 2010, 20:29
Location: Dog House Sussex

Re: Any MiB/WiB wanna form tribute band??

Post by Someone like you? » 25 Feb 2013, 13:41

Bubba wrote:
Someone like you? wrote:Hi, I`m moving back to UK,in a few weeks time. Wondering if theres any Sussex/Hampshire based musicians interested in forming a `Glers tribute band based in sussex/hants?
I`m either a bass player, or sing! Have own equipment,pa etc.
I`m a confirmed grumpy bastard,of Jet Black proportions,(attitude, but nearly catching up in the size stakes)! Ha!
Or 47 y.o Bass player, OR Vocalist seeks Band.

Haven`t got a UK mobile tel number yet... so please message me if interested.
Ideally I`d love to join/form a Stranglers tribute band.....either bass/vocals, or interested in a pub rock combo doing Doors,Feelgood covers,original Blues type music as vocalist?

Cheers, Mad John.
It's a shame you're out of my area - I might've been interested in this as I'm doing nowt at the moment. Obviously, proven track record with the Stranglers stuff as I was in Straighten Out for two years, but also pretty good on most other punk/new wave you could mention.

Anybody in the Leeds area wanting to get something together?
Hiya Bubba, real shame that...I`ve made enquireies with a few old muso mates down my way, unfortunately lots of `em either wanna play Strolling Bones type stuff,or only original stuff... Good luck with ya new ventures dude 8)
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest