Straighten Out Double Header

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Straighten Out Double Header

Post by Fatbusjim »

Treat coming up for you lot down South, Straighten Out will be playing gigs on consecutive nights next week.

Next Thursday sees a first ever gig in Watford for the band. Sure to be a good turnout for this one as it's Phils hometown debut with Straighten Out:

Thur. October 18th - The Horns - Watford

Details and info here: http://www.lemonrock.com/gig.php?id=216073

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following Evening sees the Lads return to Swindon again (always a good night), but a new venue for Straighten Out:

Fri. October 19th - The Vic - Swindon

Details and info here: http://www.thevicswindon.com/get/events

Enjoy!!!! :twisted:
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Straighten Out Double Header

Post by The Strangler »

Saw the Beat at The Vic in Swindon earlier in the year - nice venue. Beer was a bit steep mind. Arriving in Swindon at 2.30pm, so a few ales will be done i think!
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
Dead Loss Hemel
Down In The Sewer

Post by Dead Loss Hemel »

Yeah im off to the straighten out gig at watford on thursday but then im off to see Hugh at islington o2 the next day :grin:
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Just heard that there is a new Stranglers tribute band being set up in Portsmouth, so at least we get some action in the South. :grin: :grin: :grin: They are going to be touring they hope (Their words not mine) England in the early part of next year.

That's all the details I have
European female
SHAKESPEARO

Post by European female »

I thought it was meant to talking about straighten out? As for action down south I presume you have been to the London gigs this year? There was the Hope and anchor in June, Acton in September, Watford and Swindon next week and ruislip in December so plenty down south so should see you there. If there is another band good luck to them
I knew she was a feline She moved with ease and grace. Her green eyes they held mystery No emotion on her face
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

only seen straighten out once so far at the hope & anchor earlier this year was great stuff, tempted to go to Watford on thurs but seeing Hugh the next night in Islington - not sure I can handle 2 nights in a row as I'm becoming a bit of a lightweight these days :-)
I Hate You !
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

European female wrote:I thought it was meant to talking about straighten out? As for action down south I presume you have been to the London gigs this year? There was the Hope and anchor in June, Acton in September, Watford and Swindon next week and ruislip in December so plenty down south so should see you there. If there is another band good luck to them
London is too far for a night out to see a tribute band in a pub (200 mile round trip) and Swindon is a cross country journey which is not the best of things to try and do.

So, if there is a band doing the rounds down South then that will be much easier.
samfromanotherplanet
SHAKESPEARO

Post by samfromanotherplanet »

See you friday!
Hagakure with perfume
noiseannoys
Down In The Sewer

Post by noiseannoys »

A Very, very enjoyable gig at the Horns in Watford tonight!
Looked like a good turnout, they played a great set (at nearly two hours!) & to my ears the band just seem to be getting better and better!
If you haven't seen Straighten Out before, or even if you have, it's definitely time to get your arse down to your next local gig and check them out.
If you don't have a good time I will be mightily surprised & feel that you must be considered to be a miserable fucker with no love for all things MiB!