STRAIGHTEN OUT -2012 TOUR

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

iain
Ugly
Ugly

Re: STRAIGHTEN OUT -2012 TOUR

Post by iain »

Fair fucks to Straighten Out tonight in Belfast. A rather sparce crowd to say the least (7) but the show must go on etc, and they were superb.
Nothing better than sitting back drinking a pint and enjoying your favourite music.

If footage of the New Zealand bird appears on youtube, you'll all laugh your nuts off.
Last edited by iain on 19 May 2012, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
rotten thoughts
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

iain wrote:A rather sparce crowd to say the least (7)
And that'll be the last time they come across the water :smt010 :smt010 :smt010

I'm gutted I'm missing the Dreadnought gig tonight :smt013 :smt013 , have made sure my Ticket went to a good home :wink:
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Seven, good lord. Although it can´t have been promoted very well, im located in Spain and I notified my brother (who was one of the `magnificent seven´) that the gig was taking place and I only knew because I seen it mentioned on facebook.
iain wrote:Fair fucks to Straighten Out tonight in Belfast. A rather sparce crowd to say the least (7) but the show must go on etc, and they were superb.
Nothing better than sitting back drinking a pint and enjoying your favourite music.

If footage of the New Zealand bird appears on youtube, you'll all laugh your nuts off.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Hopefully the lads will get a good and well attended warm welcome at the Hope and Anchor.

I think we should make a really good effort for this one.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

STRAIGHTEN OUT -2012 TOUR

Post by aldinblack »

PaulinLondon wrote:Hopefully the lads will get a good and well attended warm welcome at the Hope and Anchor.

I think we should make a really good effort for this one.
agreed, I've never seen them or any stranglers tribute band before, so am hoping to make this one, and will be interesting to see it, don't know anything about the set their playing either..hopefully it'll stay that way...

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?parszt
I Hate You !
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

iain wrote:Fair fucks to Straighten Out tonight in Belfast. A rather sparce crowd to say the least (7) but the show must go on etc, and they were superb.

7!

:shock:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

gizzard wrote:

7!

:shock:

well, 7, after the aforementioned NZ bird was thrown out by the bouncers :|
rotten thoughts
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

As one of the 'magnificent' seven, I felt embarrassed - but fair play to Shaggy and the boys for playing on regardless.

The NZ girl was highly entertaining - Phil will never forget her cowgirl action on the dancefloor, Dave and I were invited to accompany her somewhere else (an offer worth considering but in hindsight, after her mental behaviour, I think we got off lightly!!) and the bouncers will certainly remember throwing her out as she kicked and spat all the way out the door and down the stairs. The band said they had never been as entertained before LOL.

As a Strangler tribute band, there can be no greater tribute than acting out a very early Strangler gig to such a small audience (the ghost of Dagenham Dave was standing at the bar with a toothless grin). Whaddya think this is, a request show or something? At least I got my shout out for 'Burning Up Time' played.

Bad timing (co-inciding with the Belfast Festival) and poor choice of venue (not city centre) all added to the apathetic attitude of the non-attenders, meant this was a record (beating Guildford) as the lowest number of punters the band have played too.

Thanks for coming over guys - just a pity Belfast couldn't be bothered coming out.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

I hope there is a good turn out when they come to Crewe.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

I met a crazy kiwi girl in Belfast a while back. She actually stole my "In the Night" t-shirt. I wonder if it´s the same one. I went back to this one´s pad on the upper Ormeau Road and I was no sooner in her digs when she thrust a tin of beer in my hand and proclaimed "well Gareth mate, the painters and decorators are in, so you´re going to have to give me one up...." Well you get the drift. Of course I made my apologies and left. :smt087

MULLY wrote:

As one of the 'magnificent' seven, I felt embarrassed - but fair play to Shaggy and the boys for playing on regardless.

The NZ girl was highly entertaining - Phil will never forget her cowgirl action on the dancefloor, Dave and I were invited to accompany her somewhere else (an offer worth considering but in hindsight, after her mental behaviour, I think we got off lightly!!) and the bouncers will certainly remember throwing her out as she kicked and spat all the way out the door and down the stairs. The band said they had never been as entertained before LOL.

As a Strangler tribute band, there can be no greater tribute than acting out a very early Strangler gig to such a small audience (the ghost of Dagenham Dave was standing at the bar with a toothless grin). Whaddya think this is, a request show or something? At least I got my shout out for 'Burning Up Time' played.

Bad timing (co-inciding with the Belfast Festival) and poor choice of venue (not city centre) all added to the apathetic attitude of the non-attenders, meant this was a record (beating Guildford) as the lowest number of punters the band have played too.

Thanks for coming over guys - just a pity Belfast couldn't be bothered coming out.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

unbroken69 wrote:I met a crazy kiwi girl in Belfast a while back. She actually stole my "In the Night" t-shirt. I wonder if it´s the same one. I went back to this one´s pad on the upper Ormeau Road and I was no sooner in her digs when she thrust a tin of beer in my hand and proclaimed "well Gareth mate, the painters and decorators are in, so you´re going to have to give me one up...." Well you get the drift. Of course I made my apologies and left. :smt087

MULLY wrote:

This one offered me back to her place nearby (The Pavillion is on the Ormeau Road!!)
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

Apparently Baz was at the Bathgate gig in Scotland tonight 8)
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"