The Ferry Glasgow

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: The Ferry Glasgow

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Great night out, Thanks to the lads & lass, for coming up to Scotland again :smt023 :smt023

A storming set, although the appreciative crowd showed their usual Scottish reserve when it came to dancing.

'New Boy' Phil :wink: looked very much at home on lead guitar and vocals and it was also the 'first' second time North of the Border for Casey on drums.
The omnipresence of Mick and Shaggy keeping them flying straight with......you know what!

All the usual Scottish contingent were there, missed FBJ :smt010 (Phil did his best as chief dancer although he did keep his shirt on :roll: )
Great to meet up with my fellow Moderator :smt007 :wink:, who had made the trip up as well.

First outing of the new flip camera.
On first look, they are great considering the size of the thing(10's fag packet size), tried and tested sound suppression system(sticking plaster :oops: ) did the trick as well.
Tracks filmed were:
I Feel Like A Wog.
Nuclear Device & Toiler.
Peaches.
Ugly.
Goodbye Toulouse.
Baroque Bordello.
Curfew.
London Lady & Heroes.

Burning Up Time / Grip / Something Better Change / Sewer need splitting up as they come in @ 19 minutes.

Will add links as they become available.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Great to meet up with my fellow Moderator :smt007 :wink:, who had made the trip up as well.
... and it was well worth the trip too!! 8)

Thought the band were excellent and seemed really up for having a good time given the disappointment of Brum a fortnight earlier. Fair sized crowd (always difficult to judge numbers with a venue on two levels) and yes Shaggy at first did have to give everyone a bit of encouragement to move a nearer to the stage but towards the end there were plenty of people having fun! :grin: Me included! :oops:
Was lovely to see so many wonderful forum friends again - way too many to list but you know who you are! :smt006 - a huge THANK YOU to you all for looking after me! :smt008

Looking forward to Toiler's video clips - and seeing the band again soon in Swindon! :smt023
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Having troubs with the vids(taking ages to upload, then fail WTF??)

So here's some stills from the vids.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Never to look back
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Never to look back »

Great pics. Great night. I'm still deaf. One day I will learn!!!
I had a black shirt, But I wasn't one
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Great pics Davie, looks like you were doing the full Scorsese bit on the filming 8)
Had a great time on Friday, magic to see Babs again, looking a hella lot better than
the last time she was up in Glasgow, sneezing her flu all over everyone.
Good to see Frank Castle again, first time since the last Cornwell gig up here.
Hit the town about 4pm, and me and John were onto the half-pints of Calpol by about six,
after a couple of hours of £1 bottles of Carlsberg in the first boozer; John thought he’d
died and gone to the happy place.
Thankfully Babs wasn’t up for the full Castle Tour, the one usually reserved for visiting dignateries,
(we’d only end up in Greggs again anyway these days) so we dragged her into a couple of local boozers
before most of us met up in the John Moore.
Great to see all the usual suspects again (seriously too many to list), not a bad wee turn out,
and there were even more waiting by the time we staggered onto the Renfrew ferry for the gig.
Got there just in time to catch the last couple of songs from the support band, a scrum of four
middle aged guys, bit like ourselves, doing Suspect Device, and I think they finished on Dag.Dave;
I’m sure the singer confirmed that they had saught proper permission first from the headliners to do it :lol:
A bit of a natter with the troops (Phil obviously missing his much missed mucker) then it was WIB over the PA
and showtime.
Straighten Out, for me, hit the mark.
The set list was nearly perfect (though I wouldn’t miss Norfolk Coast if they replaced it with something more
“classic Stranglers”), the sound was spot on, and first time up here for the new boy on Shug-duties sounded
good to these ears.
I mean, that’s the point though, innit?
I just love those feckin songs, and to hear them yet another time, up full blast, band at full pelt, with like
minded souls, it's all I need to have a good night out.
As I said, I hadn’t been out in ages and Straighten Out, firing through all them anthems again, made my night.
I’m mibee just easy pleased, but I, for one, am glad I fookin ‘ad it.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Have updated the vids as far as Hughtube would let me, afraid due to work commitments the rest won't be up for 2 weeks or so :smt013

Time for me to do some Toiling!!!!

miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Fab vids they are too Toiler - Thanks!! :smt023 :smt023
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Will need to get them onto a dvd and sent down to Shaggy, who pointed out on Friday, the last time I just sent it to Bubba!!!

Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Will need to get them onto a dvd and sent down to Shaggy, who pointed out on Friday, the last time I just sent it to Bubba!!!
And it's my favourite footage of the band from my time, though the sound is a little distorted. :)
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Bubba wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:Will need to get them onto a dvd and sent down to Shaggy, who pointed out on Friday, the last time I just sent it to Bubba!!!
And it's my favourite footage of the band from my time, though the sound is a little distorted. :)
If I had stood further away the picture would've been pants!!!
Hadn't discovered the baffling qualities of sticking plasters then :smt005

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Well that's yer lot for the next two weeks.
I Feel Like A Wog.
Nuclear Device & Toiler.
Peaches.
Ugly.
Goodbye Toulouse.
Baroque Bordello.
Curfew.
London Lady & Heroes.

Will do Burning Up Time / Grip / Something Better Change / Sewer once back on dry land.