Mathew Street Festival

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Mathew Street Festival

Post by Fatbusjim »

Mathew Street Music Festival 2011- Straighten Out confirmed to play...!

We are now delighted to inform you that the band has been selected to play at this year’s Mathew Street Music Festival, held Sun. 28th & Mon. 29th August in Liverpool City Centre. This festival is predominantly outdoors and is totally free and features many band genres, playing on various stages constructed throughout the city centre. This is a prestigious event which attracts a world-wide audience and the band are looking forward to entertaining the multitude of visitors to a rip-roaring tour de force of Stranglers classics during 45-minutes of MenInBlack mayhem...!
Straighthen Out will be on the Water Street Stage (London Calling) on Bank Holiday Monday, 29th August at 3.00pm sharp...
Other bands on the same stage are:
The Stones (Rolling Stones tribute?)(12.00-12.45)
Rebel Truce (Clash tribute) (13.00-13.45)
Blurb (Blur tribute?) (14.00-14.45)
Straighten Out (15.00-15.45)
The Kinx (16.00-16.45)
Too Rex (Marc Bolan & T-Rex tribute) (17.00-17.45)
There are 5 outdoor stages and bands begin at 12.00 midday and finish around 6.00pm. Details of other bands and stage times will appear soon...but also making an appearance will be original artists China Crisis and Ian McNabb and the following tribute acts/bands: U2, Roxy Music and David Bowie (all Sunday).
For Monday there will be Tony Sheridan (vocalist on the first-ever Beatles single!), The Merseybeats, and the following tribute acts/bands: The Sex Pistols Experience, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, John Lennon, Paul Weller and Coldplay.
Plus many other artists over the two days...festival website: Mathew Street Festival 2011
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Mathew Street Festival

Post by PaulinLondon »

Very well deserved for Straighten Out !
8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
toneinstoke
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by toneinstoke »

should be a great weekend,
preston saturday night then onto liverpool :lol:
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

My bro saw The Stranglers there earlier this century. Said he didn't rate them but the sound was shite.

Good luck to Straighten Out. Wonder if they've found their map so they can find their way to Leeds again :P

Or did they lose the map deliberately? More meninblack conspiracy involved I reckons. :grin:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Bobinblack wrote:My bro saw The Stranglers there earlier this century. Said he didn't rate them but the sound was shite.

Good luck to Straighten Out. Wonder if they've found their map so they can find their way to Leeds again :P

Or did they lose the map deliberately? More meninblack conspiracy involved I reckons. :grin:
I was at that one too - have to disagree with your brother (on both statements) - it was an outdoor gig, so maybe depended on where you stood. Goldblade & Buzzcocks both on stage before - what's not to like!!

Saw some other great bands that weekend - loadsa Beatle tributes (funnily enough!!), Led Zep, Oasis tribute acts were pretty cool too.

Just wander thru' the City centre and you bump into bands playing all over the place - great fun.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

This does look interesting too me.
Will have too look in to this.
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

MULLY wrote:
Bobinblack wrote:My bro saw The Stranglers there earlier this century. Said he didn't rate them but the sound was shite.

I was at that one too - have to disagree with your brother (on both statements) - it was an outdoor gig, so maybe depended on where you stood. Goldblade & Buzzcocks both on stage before - what's not to like!!

Saw some other great bands that weekend - loadsa Beatle tributes (funnily enough!!), Led Zep, Oasis tribute acts were pretty cool too.

Just wander thru' the City centre and you bump into bands playing all over the place - great fun.
...and Tony Christie!
Trust in God, but lock your car
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

jbinblack wrote:
MULLY wrote:

...and Tony Christie!
I'd left that stage well before The Crooner came on :wink:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

I was at that gig, might go to this one, I havnt seen Straigten out before also there is the Pistols and Clash tribute bands.
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches »

Alexinblack wrote:I was at that gig, might go to this one, I havnt seen Straigten out before also there is the Pistols and Clash tribute bands.
Pistols and Clash bands - timings actually 'clash'. :(
Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer!!
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Website statement:

19th August 2011 -
Have you ever been to Liverpool...?!?!
Well, get there on August Bank Holiday Monday, Straighten Out are making their first appearance at the world renowned 'Mathew Street Festival' and will be delivering a 'tour-de-force' 45-minute set on the Water Street Stage (3.00pm). There are dozens of bands performing over the weekend at what is a great showcase event and I, for one, am excited about the stir that Straighten Out will generate...!