You wait for years, then two come along at once...

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Re: You wait for years, then two come along at once...

Post by Blackbeered »

ravenlunatic wrote:
Notabadbandatall wrote: This forum was at one point the one I looked at for dates and meets, but I never commented on any of the subjects as there seemed to be too much aggression towards people.
No there fucking wasn't and if you say that again I'll smash yer fucking head in!

:smt005 :smt005
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
peasant
SHAKESPEARO

Post by peasant »

OK, done some research. The Strangled are an 'offshoot' of rock covers band Vocal Harum, here seen playing The Purp's Smoke on the Water... not arf mate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEBVtMn_ ... re=related

They've got two gigs booked next year - one at Cardiff's Millenium Centre (playing as both The Strangled and VH): http://www.sonofmongoose.com/12.html and the other at The Shed in Leicester on Sunday the 6th of Feb, which is an audition for the prestigious Glastonbudget tribute-band festy in Leicestershire (in May). The Shed venue is holding auditions of tribute acts every Sunday: http://www.glastonbudget.net/getyourbandon so no guarantee they'll get it... we'll see.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Bummer - would have tried to check them out in Cardiff on the 9th April, but i'll be in Belgium to see The Stranglers on their accoustic tour. Oh well, never mind...
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Things seem a little quiet on The Strangled front at the moment and I have still yet to hear this Stranglers "tribute" in any shape or form.

However I think we can now finally take a look at them, just a still picture though but gives an impression of what they are about :roll:

At least they'll fit on the smaller stages on the circuit :wink:
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Lets not slag 'em off completely. They gotta be fans like us, surely.
froggy

Post by froggy »

"Why would you expect anyone of them to be a member of this forum :?: I'm sure that Stranglers fans & tribute fans can exist without this forum.....which indeed they do/have done so far. That's the problem with some folk on this forum, they think that they are some kind of elite by being a member on here. It ain't true! There's loads of fans out there who don't give a fuck about farty internet banter between the anoraks and saddoes who basically go on about fuck all BUT just get on with being fans, like they have been doing for years. Unlike many on here".[/quote]

I want to press the "Like" button for this Mr S! Well said!
Last edited by froggy on 10 Jan 2011, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
adam_neil
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adam_neil »

froggy wrote:Why would you expect anyone of them to be a member of this forum :?: I'm sure that Stranglers fans & tribute fans can exist without this forum.....which indeed they do/have done so far. That's the problem with some folk on this forum, they think that they are some kind of elite by being a member on here. It ain't true! There's loads of fans out there who don't give a fuck about farty internet banter between the anoraks and saddoes who basically go on about fuck all BUT just get on with being fans, like they have been doing for years. Unlike many on here.
I want to press the "Like" button for this Mr S! Well said![/quote]

Seconded :mrgreen:

Adam
Tried to wipe you from my memory
I miss the pleasure of your company
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Never had the feeling, nor met anyone on here being or indeed acting 'Elite' :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Met loads who are more knowledgable about things and are willing to have discussions and indeed value my opinions about things in black.

Loads of 'in' jokes, which are bourne out of meets/adventures @ MIB gigs etc.
If you read the posts closely, you can work out what they are and who they are about.

I'm looking forward to meeting more people in March as I have to travel to get my fix, see you in the sewer!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Never had the feeling, nor met anyone on here being or indeed acting 'Elite' :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Met loads who are more knowledgable about things and are willing to have discussions and indeed value my opinions about things in black.

If you read the posts closely, you can work out what they are and who they are about.

I'm looking forward to meeting more people in March as I have to travel to get my fix, see you in the sewer!
Secunded! Perfectly put TOTS. 8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I wouldn't even give it an answer

This sort of comment is purely made by people who are constantly whinging/moaning - check out their history for example

search.php?author_id=2381&sr=posts

Jim
gizzard wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:Never had the feeling, nor met anyone on here being or indeed acting 'Elite' :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Secunded! Perfectly put TOTS. 8)
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

theraven1979 wrote:I wouldn't even give it an answer

This sort of comment is purely made by people who are constantly whinging/moaning - check out their history for example

search.php?author_id=2381&sr=posts

Jim
To be fair, Jim, froggy's post consisted mainly of a failed attempt to quote Mr Spooner from earlier in the thread. :lol:
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

gizzard wrote:

Secunded! Perfectly put TOTS. 8)[/quot

I'm with you guys.......

:smt006
Claireinblack
kent