You wait for years, then two come along at once...

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: You wait for years, then two come along at once...

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Notabadbandatall wrote:I kinda would've expected them to be forum members as well. Or at least one of them!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why would you expect anyone of them to be a member of this forum :?: I'm sure that Stranglers fans & tribute fans can exist without this forum.....which indeed they do/have done so far. That's the problem with some folk on this forum, they think that they are some kind of elite by being a member on here. It ain't true! There's loads of fans out there who don't give a fuck about farty internet banter between the anoraks and saddoes who basically go on about fuck all BUT just get on with being fans, like they have been doing for years. Unlike many on here.
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Notabadbandatall wrote:I kinda would've expected them to be forum members as well. Or at least one of them!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why would you expect anyone of them to be a member of this forum :?: I'm sure that Stranglers fans & tribute fans can exist without this forum.....which indeed they do/have done so far. That's the problem with some folk on this forum, they think that they are some kind of elite by being a member on here. It ain't true! There's loads of fans out there who don't give a fuck about farty internet banter between the anoraks and saddoes who basically go on about fuck all BUT just get on with being fans, like they have been doing for years. Unlike many on here.
Amen, Barry. Until two years ago I didn't know this forum existed, although its existence enabled me to link up with the other members of "Straighten Out".

I ain't a fan, either.
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Oh Cmon Bob! You're still a fan, albeit in denial ;-)
Notabadbandatall

Post by Notabadbandatall »

I just thought that if you are going to try and emulate your heroes (For want of a better word) you would try and plug it through the biggest media of The Stranglers, thus getting more attention, like Straighten Out do, that's all
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Notabadbandatall wrote:I just thought that if you are going to try and emulate your heroes (For want of a better word) you would try and plug it through the biggest media of The Stranglers, thus getting more attention, like Straighten Out do, that's all
If this forum is the "biggest media of The Stranglers" then the band are well & truly fucked. It's obviously not the case though as hundreds of people see the band over a tour without visiting here once. The forum is basically just about 50 people who can't/won't shut up about The Stranglers. As much fun as it can be we need to have some perspective as to the influence the forum has in the world of The Stranglers. Which is fuck all basically.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

ThruBeingCool wrote:

My sentiments exactly sir.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Notabadbandatall

Post by Notabadbandatall »

So, what would you say is the biggest forum for them to talk Stranglers stuff?

This forum was at one point the one I looked at for dates and meets, but I never commented on any of the subjects as there seemed to be too much aggression towards people.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Notabadbandatall wrote:So, what would you say is the biggest forum for them to talk Stranglers stuff?
FACEBOOK :wink:
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Notabadbandatall wrote: This forum was at one point the one I looked at for dates and meets, but I never commented on any of the subjects as there seemed to be too much aggression towards people.
No there fucking wasn't and if you say that again I'll smash yer fucking head in!

:wink:
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Notabadbandatall wrote:I just thought that if you are going to try and emulate your heroes (For want of a better word) you would try and plug it through the biggest media of The Stranglers, thus getting more attention, like Straighten Out do, that's all
If this forum is the "biggest media of The Stranglers" then the band are well & truly fucked. It's obviously not the case though as hundreds of people see the band over a tour without visiting here once. The forum is basically just about 50 people who can't/won't shut up about The Stranglers. As much fun as it can be we need to have some perspective as to the influence the forum has in the world of The Stranglers. Which is fuck all basically.
Typical-sitting on the fence as ever Mr S :roll: I wish you'd say what you really feel! :grin:
Did someone say "Wonky"?
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

ThruBeingCool wrote: in denial
No I'm not. :smt013
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Bubba wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote: in denial
No I'm not. :smt013

:lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'