Straighten Out - The return of Casey

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Straighten Out - The return of Casey

Post by Fatbusjim »

Band Announcement...

We have taken the decision to bring back Casey on drums...ultimately we couldn't turn our backs on the opportunity to re-unite with one of our former drummers and painful as it is to make the replacement, we feel that we should re-instate Casey in the band... Micky has been a star and all the fans at gigs have praised his efforts. There is no disappointment in Micky's ability, no disagreement about his attitude and nothing but admiration for his commitment during the past year. But Casey's burning desire to return to Straighten Out is something we can't now ignore. We feel that we are compelled to recreate that chemistry that we experienced before...instinctively, we believe that we must allow Casey the opportunity to return to his role in the band... To Micky, we're truly grateful for your time with the band. Great times, great memories... We sincerely thank you for your work and dedication over the year...and that is from the heart, from all of us... Straighten Out.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Straighten Out - The return of Casey

Post by Alias »

The Boss is back! :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

So where are we now? Is it Mk4? or are we already at Mk5? or am I wrong and its actually Mk2b? :smt017
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Revolving doors on the way in/out of the Straighten Out headquarters! :grin:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Personally I'm looking forward to the introduction of a second guitarist, who may become a permanent replacement for the original guitarist along with the debut of a vocalist - another new guitarist and then the vocalist leaving.

Whatever :lol: :lol:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
European female
SHAKESPEARO

Post by European female »

Personaly having seen Staighten out with Casey and without him i think it is a welcome return. I have seen the band go through many ups and downs but I cant wait for next year when I can see it being better than ever. Not sure how many have actually seen Phil play but if you had you would realise that he is an awsome player and front man, and lets be truthfull does it really matter how many members or changes there have been as long as Mick and Shaggy continue to put the Stranglers music out there that is all that matters. People seem to forget that these guys are a tribute band, who are trying to recreate sounds from the earlie era. So come on guys instead of having disgusions about band member changes, I suggest to go out see the band them make your mind up and maybe you might have a good time and some fun
I knew she was a feline She moved with ease and grace. Her green eyes they held mystery No emotion on her face
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

European female wrote:Personaly having seen Staighten out with Casey and without him i think it is a welcome return. I have seen the band go through many ups and downs but I cant wait for next year when I can see it being better than ever. Not sure how many have actually seen Phil play but if you had you would realise that he is an awsome player and front man, and lets be truthfull does it really matter how many members or changes there have been as long as Mick and Shaggy continue to put the Stranglers music out there that is all that matters. People seem to forget that these guys are a tribute band, who are trying to recreate sounds from the earlie era. So come on guys instead of having disgusions about band member changes, I suggest to go out see the band them make your mind up and maybe you might have a good time and some fun

Well I've seen them 5 times, does that count :?
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Time for a gig in London.

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

PaulinLondon wrote:Time for a gig in London.
Yeah, the last two were packed out. :roll:
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Bubba wrote:
:smt069
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

PaulinLondon wrote:
Bubba wrote:
:smt069
I wonder when the last time anyone here last drove two hundred miles in a knackered van, carted two tons of equipment down a tiny staircase, set it up, played a two hour gig to twelve people, took it all back UP the stairs again, loaded it back into the knackered van, drove another two hundred miles home and finally collapsed into bed at six o'clock in the morning with a fiver in their pocket?

This band doesn't happen without support and at the last two London shows this was sadly lacking. I know this from bitter experience, folks. You need to get yourselves out there and give them the support they deserve.

Rant over.
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Good point Bubba - I remember once (once!) when I saw 4MH offering to do a bit of "roadying" and shifting a very small percentage of gear into a van. And passing a hat round after a gig for a few pounds for the band (they probably walked away with possibly enough for petrol). So yeah complete respect for the band.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"