STRAIGHTEN OUT - 2010 TOUR

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Never to look back
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: STRAIGHTEN OUT - 2010 TOUR

Post by Never to look back »

I will organise for a wee night oot for my works social committee for the rockers gig on the 11 June. Looking forward to it already.
I had a black shirt, But I wasn't one
theraven1970
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by theraven1970 »

Never seen Straighten Out but heard nothing but glowing reviews so will be up for going to the Glasgow gig on Fri 11th June.
Greetings, fellow Stranglers fans.
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

theraven1970 wrote:Never seen Straighten Out but heard nothing but glowing reviews......
I've certainly had three rather enjoyable evenings in their company........plenty more on here will tell you the same 8)
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

Toiler's just e-mailed me to say the new drummer's left, might keybosh any dates, anyone any the wiser? :smt009
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Band line-up change...latest rehearsal news...gig postponements...
Unfortunately we have to inform you that Casey has retired as drummer of the band due to family commitments. Casey's input to the band during his tenure was nothing short of 100% and band members and fans alike fully appreciated his efforts and are grateful for the time he gave to the band and we hope he remembers as many happy moments of his hours playing the skins as we do...if not more...!! Our very best wishes for the future Casey, from us all...x...
But the show must go on...As you will be aware, Straighten Out have a busy year of gigs ahead to fulfil and as such have already got a new drummer in place...Micky Pataki (Micky P) - formerly of the Hungarian Stranglers' tribute band, 'Rattus Hungaricus'...he played with them for four years and is well versed in Stranglers music, he now relishes the challenge that lies ahead with Shaggy, Mick and Stu. Welcome aboard Micky...!! The band has been rehearsing recently and have more than an hours material ready to play, but as anyone who has seen them live will know, they want to get that up to their customary 2-hour show before they hit the road for their 2010 gigs...As such the gigs at 'The Venue' - Shaw, Nr Oldham (Fri. March 26th) and 'Revolver' - Birkenhead (Sat. April 17th) have been postponed. The gig in Bathgate (Scotland) at 'The Lounge', Sat. March 27th, WILL GO AHEAD as the band are co-headlining with 'Cash from Chaos' and their set will be approximately 60-75mins...sufficient for now but we know you'll demand more in future!! By the way, this gig is now SOLD OUT...!! A fine way to start the tour...!!
A cautionary note: please keep checking the gig guide over the next few days as a few more adjustments to the earlier tour dates may occur...
Cheers...

Taken from here:

http://straighten-out.co.uk/latestnews.html
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

Fatbusjim wrote:Band line-up change...latest rehearsal news...gig postponements...
Unfortunately we have to inform you that Casey has retired as drummer of the band due to family commitments. Casey's input to the band during his tenure was nothing short of 100% and band members and fans alike fully appreciated his efforts and are grateful for the time he gave to the band and we hope he remembers as many happy moments of his hours playing the skins as we do...if not more...!! Our very best wishes for the future Casey, from us all...x...
But the show must go on...As you will be aware, Straighten Out have a busy year of gigs ahead to fulfil and as such have already got a new drummer in place...Micky Pataki (Micky P) - formerly of the Hungarian Stranglers' tribute band, 'Rattus Hungaricus'...he played with them for four years and is well versed in Stranglers music, he now relishes the challenge that lies ahead with Shaggy, Mick and Stu. Welcome aboard Micky...!! The band has been rehearsing recently and have more than an hours material ready to play, but as anyone who has seen them live will know, they want to get that up to their customary 2-hour show before they hit the road for their 2010 gigs...As such the gigs at 'The Venue' - Shaw, Nr Oldham (Fri. March 26th) and 'Revolver' - Birkenhead (Sat. April 17th) have been postponed. The gig in Bathgate (Scotland) at 'The Lounge', Sat. March 27th, WILL GO AHEAD as the band are co-headlining with 'Cash from Chaos' and their set will be approximately 60-75mins...sufficient for now but we know you'll demand more in future!! By the way, this gig is now SOLD OUT...!! A fine way to start the tour...!!
A cautionary note: please keep checking the gig guide over the next few days as a few more adjustments to the earlier tour dates may occur...
Cheers...

Taken from here:

Best of luck to Micky. Sad to see Garry go - he's a top bloke.

Still hoping to catch SO in Swindon at the end of July - last time was a scream :P
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Blackbeered wrote:
I've certainly had three rather enjoyable evenings in their company........plenty more on here will tell you the same 8)

Yes I'll vouch for that, Blackbeered has had 3 enjoyable evenings in their company.

Anyone else confirm this?
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Blackbeered wrote:
Fatbusjim wrote:Band line-up change...latest rehearsal news...gig postponements...
Cheers...

Taken from here:

Best of luck to Micky. Sad to see Garry go - he's a top bloke.

Still hoping to catch SO in Swindon at the end of July - last time was a scream :P

Swindon is the home of that infamous kebab shop that doubles as a toilet for a certain forum member...

:roll:

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
burt in black
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by burt in black »

il be going to the diamond in sutton, 2 second drive from me :) cant really miss it when it right on your doorstep!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Tonight in Bathgate :smt004 :smt004
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Tonight in Bathgate :smt004 :smt004
LETS FOOKIN 'AVE IT!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Fatbusjim wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:Tonight in Bathgate :smt004 :smt004
LETS FOOKIN 'AVE IT!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sorted it for you FBJ :smt005
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.