STRAIGHTEN OUT - 2010 TOUR

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: STRAIGHTEN OUT - 2010 TOUR

Post by Fatbusjim »

PaulinLondon wrote:Best of luck to Phil.

As he hails from Watford, a medium sized town close to London's northern border, I trust a Straighten Out concert in the Big Smoke will be forthcoming in the not too distant future.

:smt069
You never know Paul we could be on for a Southern meet up at some point. I hope so they're always a blast.

"Straighten Out's new co-frontman is...Phil Harvey...Phil hails from Watford and, as expected, is a huge Stranglers fan. He's played in a few bands over the years and now relishes the opportunity to join a group with whom he'll be playing his favourite tunes...! His debut with Straighten Out will be next Saturday, (21st August) at Moses Gate...Get there to welcome him on board...!"

In the mean time there's always Phil's first gig at the Moses Gate in Bolton on Saturday for those that can make it. Hopefully be a good turn out.

Let's Fookin 'Ave It!! :twisted: :twisted:
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

PaulinLondon wrote:Best of luck to Phil.

As he hails from Watford, a medium sized town close to London's northern border, I trust a Straighten Out concert in the Big Smoke will be forthcoming in the not too distant future.

:smt069
Verulam Arms. :grin:
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

doninblack wrote: Verulam Arms. :grin:
Exactly. :grin:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
noiseannoys
Down In The Sewer

Post by noiseannoys »

Sadly like many pubs round the country the Verulam Arms has now shut down! Last time I drove past it was about to be turned into an Indian restaurant.
It has been a dreadfully miserable pub for a long time though but it always cheered me up when I went past and was filled with the many great memories I've got of the Stranglers gig there :smile:
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I know the feeling. There was a a chip shop in Nottingham city centre (which lasted for years) where one of my mates witnessed Hugh buying & tucking into a chips & peas mix on the 'Meninblack' tour circa '81. Sadly the chippy is no longer there and has become yet another example of a Stranglers landmark that has been tainted by the passage of time. These days the aforementioned fried food outlet has now been replaced by a statue of Brian Clough who apparently had no time for punk rock but did like his chips & peas...with gravy.
Fatbusjim

Post by Fatbusjim »

Just to get back on topic:

More good news...a further gig added in October...!
Straighten Out will be in Great Sankey, Warrington on Sat. 9th October...the show is at The Woodlands, on the outskirts of Warrington (5 minute cab journey from Warrington Central train station)...

Lets Fookin' Ave It!!!!
Fatbusjim

Post by Fatbusjim »

--- 2nd December ---
Weather woes...we urge you to keep checking the website for gig updates. http://www.straighten-out.co.uk/

Well, once again the country is in the midst of a snow and ice onslaught - well the vast majority - and travel in certain parts has ground to a halt. It's been well reported on national news that Sheffield has experienced some of the worst weather in decades, as our Sheffield correspondent Shaggy has confirmed...he's stuck there!

This current bad weather could unfortunately lead to a cancelling of Saturday's gig in Bolton, in fact due to the uncertainty of the length of time the country will be affected the Gateshead gig could also be called off...
Shaggy may not be able to venture out of Sheffield, Phil could have trouble travelling up north and indeed fans themselves may be snowed in elsewhere in their own towns and cities...
So, we ask you to keep checking the website for the latest updates on the last two gigs of the year...thanks.

Fookin snow :( :evil: :(
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Fatbusjim wrote:--- 2nd December ---
Weather woes...we urge you to keep checking the website for gig updates. http://www.straighten-out.co.uk/

Well, once again the country is in the midst of a snow and ice onslaught - well the vast majority - and travel in certain parts has ground to a halt. It's been well reported on national news that Sheffield has experienced some of the worst weather in decades, as our Sheffield correspondent Shaggy has confirmed...he's stuck there!

This current bad weather could unfortunately lead to a cancelling of Saturday's gig in Bolton, in fact due to the uncertainty of the length of time the country will be affected the Gateshead gig could also be called off...
Shaggy may not be able to venture out of Sheffield, Phil could have trouble travelling up north and indeed fans themselves may be snowed in elsewhere in their own towns and cities...
So, we ask you to keep checking the website for the latest updates on the last two gigs of the year...thanks.

Fookin snow :( :evil: :(
Soft Southerners!!! Been like that for nearly 10 days up here, now temps down to -16 in places, brrrrrrrrr!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Fatbusjim

Post by Fatbusjim »

Just had word from Shaggy and he tells me tonights gig at The Railway in Bromley Cross is definitely ON!!

Despite the bobbins weather the band are hoping for a good turn out for "The return of Casey"

Let's Fookin 'Ave it!!
Fatbusjim

Post by Fatbusjim »

An eventful year...
Well, Saturday night's gig brought the curtain down on an eventful year for Straighten Out...
From Bathgate to Swindon and many places inbetween, Straighten Out have delivered the music!
The band has finished the year stronger than ever...along the way we've had the tremendous contributions from Stu and Mickey and then uncovered another gem in Phil and Casey returned to the fold for the last few shows, stalwarts Shaggy and Mick (the 'Doc') were their customary, consistent professional selves and the gigs were delivered with the high-quality, high-energy and passion that the musical content demands...
It's been a magnificent effort by the band to get out there and perform over the months and a pleasure to experience it when it all comes together...!
And to all the fans who came along to the shows - we wish to thank you for expressing your continued support and appreciation at each gig and we look forward to meeting you on our journey's in 2011...!
Straighten Out (Dec. 2010)
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

Well said FBJ, :smt006 saw them 3 times this year and enjoyed every one, 8) lets hope more people get off there arses in the south :roll: next year and support a great band cheers :smile:
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better