or a twunt in trackie bottoms :smt005
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Bubba leaves Straighten Out

Post by Kathinboots »

Very sorry to hear that. Another great night last night too. Good luck mate.
Boogie now, Dave!
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

Crikey :( I can't believe I would be seeing this on The Forum after lasts gig. He is a truly talented musician who complimented the rest of the band superbly and an alround decent chapay. What ever you do next Bubba, may I like many wish you all the very best and thanks for contributing to some great entertainment.

You will be missed and very hard to replace!!

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

I'm very humbled and emotional to read all the comments on here. Literally in tears.I've had some fantastic times with Straighten Out and sadly, one or two abysmal ones. Some of the gigs were among the best and most gratifying I've ever played, and that in a long and eventful career. The rest of the lads in the band are hugely talented musicians and deserve success, and I'm very, very sad to be leaving but I just can't do it anymore. Thanks to everyone who has ever attended a gig during my tenure and especially those who have come up to me after the gigs and been so complimentary about the band and myself.

I want also to thank everyone for their best wishes to me for the future; what I would like to say is that there is no element of "pastures new" in my decision to leave. I simply cannot carry on with the band any longer and I hope they have speedy success in finding a replacement.

Once again, thanks for your support and best wishes to Straighten Out as I am positive they will be carrying on bringing the Stranglers' music to you for a long time into the future.

Bubba. :cry:
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Blackbeered wrote:
Rodney Blackstaff wrote:....each time I have seen the band in the last year, you all have provided a great night out......
How do you know, you've always been pissed :smt030 :lol:

Seriously, this is bad news.....Bubba leaving, I mean, not Rodders being pissed :smt009

Best of luck to you mate, thanks for three great gigs :P

On the subject of a replacement, was Rodders getting up on stage in Swindon TOO much of a coincidence :?: :idea:

And in Sheffield Mike, and who could forget Birmingham......

:oops:

Rodders always says he has never seen the band sober yet..

Seriously, for what ever reason Bob has decided to leave, i wish him all the best.
He and the lads have given us some cracking gigs, and some great memories.

All the best Bob, and thank you
XX
Claireinblack
kent
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Bob,

Thank you for all you have contributed to Straighten Out and if your mind is made up, you know we all wish you the very best for the future.

That said, this is extremely sad news. You all had a chemistry as a unit and by God, did you deliver.

Paul
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

PaulinLondon wrote:Bob,

Thank you for all you have contributed to Straighten Out and if your mind is made up, you know we all wish you the very best for the future.

That said, this is extremely sad news. You all had a chemistry as a unit and by God, did you deliver.

Paul
What he said!
Trust in God, but lock your car
dreamtime101
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by dreamtime101 »

Paul
I echo PiL's sentiments. Best of luck Bubba. I hope Straighten Out can find a worthy replacement as they are a great live tribute to The Stranglers.
fourth horseman

Post by fourth horseman »

Sad to hear the news, I've seen Straighten out a few times and each time they got better. If they do continue, unlike a certain other band (their name escapes me right now), I can proudly say 'I saw those guys before the lead singer/guitarist left'...

Thanks for some fantastic gigs Bubba, you'll be missed if they do decide to continue and I totally respect your decision
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

Paul
Ditto! :(

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
johnnyg1968

Post by johnnyg1968 »

Bubba wrote:I'm very humbled and emotional to read all the comments on here. Literally in tears.I've had some fantastic times with Straighten Out and sadly, one or two abysmal ones. Some of the gigs were among the best and most gratifying I've ever played, and that in a long and eventful career. The rest of the lads in the band are hugely talented musicians and deserve success, and I'm very, very sad to be leaving but I just can't do it anymore. Thanks to everyone who has ever attended a gig during my tenure and especially those who have come up to me after the gigs and been so complimentary about the band and myself.

I want also to thank everyone for their best wishes to me for the future; what I would like to say is that there is no element of "pastures new" in my decision to leave. I simply cannot carry on with the band any longer and I hope they have speedy success in finding a replacement.

Once again, thanks for your support and best wishes to Straighten Out as I am positive they will be carrying on bringing the Stranglers' music to you for a long time into the future.

Bubba. :cry:
Best of luck in the future BOB you will be sorely missed. They have their work cut out finding a replacement.
"THE OTHER NIGHT I CHANCED UPON AN IRATE CATERPILLAR"
adam_neil
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adam_neil »

I never saw Straighten Out live but have checked out several performances on Youtube - it's obvious how well Bob fitted into the band.

Best of luck Bob and I hope you continue to post on this forum. :wink:

Adam
Tried to wipe you from my memory
I miss the pleasure of your company