these posts are just so boring

If you`re new to the site post in here and we`ll say hello! - Also if you haven`t posted in the last 3 months post here to keep your account alive - otherwise it will be removed.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Re: these posts are just so boring

Post by Hammersmith1982 » 26 Jan 2013, 15:32

porkymeat wrote:
Détective Privé wrote:Maybe the Stranglers should release a boxset of demos and unissued tracks. :idea:
More barrel scrapings please!
Ok, then. Mercury Rising is a ................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Dorset Destroyers, Wheelchair Rugby Club thedorsetdestroyers.weebly.com

alan baty
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by alan baty » 27 Jan 2013, 13:51

theraven1979 wrote:Exactly, I think it's a bit steep for people to come on here and complain and stamp their feet like some sort of spoilt child (whilst adding nothing themselves) - When there's no tour or anything then of course the forums are going to be quiet - If you don't want to read it, don't visit - That simple.

Jim
Détective Privé wrote:
alan baty wrote:Blah blah bla...what about the music.........
That's because there's nothing really new on the Stranglers front these days. Just waiting for the next tour. Or maybe the next JJ interview.
Fair enough. And when i stamp my feet they make quite a noise because they are flat. Contributed to forums quite a bit in past, but not just for the sake of it or used like a chat room on latest current affairs. :grin: :evil:

Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P » 27 Jan 2013, 16:01

meanie wrote:Seconded
ok I will
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 27 Jan 2013, 16:04

Introducing the new "DDoD (Dom Download On Demand) Service" :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 » 27 Jan 2013, 18:11

theraven1979 wrote:Introducing the new "DDoD (Dom Download On Demand) Service" :lol:

Jim
Do we get +1 though???

:lol:
The Dorset Destroyers, Wheelchair Rugby Club thedorsetdestroyers.weebly.com

gazzatriumph
SHAKESPEARO

Post by gazzatriumph » 13 Mar 2016, 11:26

Jon the Impaler wrote:Some posts /threads do get very boring indeed , maynbe more of them on the music ironically as its most of us endlessly repeating ourselves on whether we like or dislike certain tracks , I myself am very guilty of this too - saying the same bloody thing time and time again - though sometimes you'll see a thread , an older one maybe that has resufraced and you forget you've said something and then go and say it all over again .
I think the thing with these sites is to enjoy - you have you're say and others have theirs - this is where it gets tricky as some will take offence to someone who disagree's and then it starts to get a bit dirty and nasty , there's really no need for that , accept each others views and treat thes sites as a bit of fun and nnot take everyone's comments so seriously . The reason it can get boring is that some take it too seriously - JUST HAVE SOME FUN . for instance - I hate Mercury Rising , I think its the worst track the band have ever done - but I'm not going to insult anyone who likes it or have a go at them , its both of our choices on what we think and like and we aren't going to change each others views - get on with it and enjoy . The band have done enough material for us all to find something we like .
What do you mean Mercury Rising is the worst track the band have ever done, I cant believe you said that, next time I see you at a gig argghhh ;-)

Burn e 77
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Burn e 77 » 13 Mar 2016, 11:52

meanie wrote:Maybe Dom should post a gig to break the monotony :smt038
An excellent suggestion on an otherwise uninteresting thread :smile:
Dominic also has some TOP recordings from the JAM too! (original 100 Club JAM gig - where their set-list included a raw / aggressive Tamla Motown cover if memory serves me right & a great JAM gig from Japan! :wink: (Not gonna get into any arguments from the Forumsters on here who don't dig the JAM, it's not ALL about the MIB)
Bernie
Something better change!

Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula » 13 Mar 2016, 14:36

Burn e 77 wrote:
meanie wrote:Maybe Dom should post a gig to break the monotony :smt038
An excellent suggestion on an otherwise uninteresting thread :smile:
Dominic also has some TOP recordings from the JAM too! (original 100 Club JAM gig - where their set-list included a raw / aggressive Tamla Motown cover if memory serves me right & a great JAM gig from Japan! :wink: (Not gonna get into any arguments from the Forumsters on here who don't dig the JAM, it's not ALL about the MIB)
Bernie
Dom's uploads are always appreciated.
And I'll always be grateful for him supplying me with a recording of The Jam at the Great British Music Festival, Wembley Arena, 1978.
I had been looking for it for over 30 years.
ManInBrown

Ravenette
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Ravenette » 13 Mar 2016, 16:16

theraven1979 wrote:complain and stamp their feet like some sort of spoilt child
I think we need a naughty step thread for those people!

:lol: :lol:
Hell can't handle all of us!

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon » 21 Jun 2017, 13:03

I do a good line in Boring ... though seriously none moreso boring than in the "How long can they continue thread". The "wheres the new album" posts, i mean the band should be on instagram posting photos of them actually in the studio recording the album, they could do little videos and interviews with band members, just to keep people happy. I wonder if the "wheres the new album?" threads will top the time it took for "giants" to be released from "Suite XVI" 6 years, oddly enough this is 6 years from "Giants" to now

though i have recentley been told talking in repetitivenes over a course of time comes from people that don't like change. I don't like change myself ... is it March yet?.

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 21 Jun 2017, 18:37

Change!

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"