dvd box set at Christmas?

Post any Stranglers related juicy gossip ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

johnny sox
VERSATRAN SERIES F

dvd box set at Christmas?

Post by johnny sox » 20 Sep 2005, 20:02

Hi,
did you hear also rumours that a DVD box set will be released around Christmas? It contains lots of rare 70ies gigs such as Wembley 1979, Hope & Anchor, 1st Australia tour and much more.
Sound quality should be very excellent as it is digitally remastered by Tony Visconti himself.
Artwork is very unique with many rare & unseen photographs of this era. Each set comes with a rare free Raven or Rattus sticker (2 different editions).
As far as I heard there are 2 DVDs + 1 CD (Live in Guildford 1976).

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: dvd box set at Christmas?

Post by gizzard » 20 Sep 2005, 20:16

johnny sox wrote:Hi,
did you hear also rumours that a DVD box set will be released around Christmas? It contains lots of rare 70ies gigs such as Wembley 1979, Hope & Anchor, 1st Australia tour and much more.
Sound quality should be very excellent as it is digitally remastered by Tony Visconti himself.
Artwork is very unique with many rare & unseen photographs of this era. Each set comes with a rare free Raven or Rattus sticker (2 different editions).
As far as I heard there are 2 DVDs + 1 CD (Live in Guildford 1976).
Yeah right! :shock: :roll:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

jeanjacketburnel
Rats Rally

Post by jeanjacketburnel » 20 Sep 2005, 23:32

Try posting this on March 31st and you might get a bigger laugh then.
STEVE

evonx
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by evonx » 21 Sep 2005, 08:44

digitally remastered by Tony Visconti
great work for a sound engineer indeed!

worst joke of the year so far?[/list]
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 21 Sep 2005, 09:47

Good to see though that The Stranglers are still managing to appeal to a younger audience. Bless!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

ladpinblack

Post by ladpinblack » 21 Sep 2005, 12:28

Dont knock it, I have seen details of this too. Its actually 3 DVDs and a CD. The third DVD is a special cartoon edition of Rudolph the Red Shoed Reindeer. The voices are done by the band - Jet is Santa of course, Paul is Rudolph with his bright red loafers, Dave is an elf who makes all of the electronic toys for xmas and Baz and JJ are the henchman reindeer who stand either side of Rudolph to stop him getting into trouble. You can pre-order the box set at www.wotaloadofbollox.com. A great stocking filler !!!

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 21 Sep 2005, 12:47

Just got the Promotional advance copy of this through yesterday - As part of the promo they had Hugh dressed as a posty to deliver this to my house. He had a "right face on (TM)" as he dropped this off for me. Not watched it all yet but there was a strange bit of kit that came with it. I`ve assembled it per the instructions and it turns out it`s a time machine. Tonight I`m off back to the Battersea Park gig then after dinner I might take in a Hope & Anchor gig before a quick mug of Horlicks and off to bed.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

cassydale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by cassydale » 21 Sep 2005, 19:29

Dont think i,ll hold my breath waiting for this to appear :?
John.H.

I Should Have Wrapped You Up And Kept You Safe,Instead I Turned My Back On You.

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon » 04 Oct 2005, 12:50

I'll believe it when i see it. Right now i'm happy with my DVD i bought from "ebay" a few months back called "Death and night and blood" its got "Rockpalast" 1983 gig on it and recomended to anyone well worth 12 pounds plus its a 3 hour dvd so you get a lot more on it.

Jake
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jake » 25 Oct 2005, 13:08

pigeon wrote:I'll believe it when i see it. Right now i'm happy with my DVD i bought from "ebay" a few months back called "Death and night and blood" its got "Rockpalast" 1983 gig on it and recomended to anyone well worth 12 pounds plus its a 3 hour dvd so you get a lot more on it.
I've seen it for sale in Camden and was tempted asked to have a look at it on the guys laptop but it wouldn't play so that didn't sell it to me.
A proper Stranglers DVD is long overdue, no disrespect to the current band but I would be far more interested to see an official release from the Hugh era than the next SBE gig. I have heard that SF DVD is shit, I don't want to replace my VHS of the collection or Sat night but I would buy a DVD packed with classic Stranglers concert/TV stuff

bry

Post by bry » 02 Nov 2005, 01:18

i just downloaded it from woolies... its mint

Damian

Post by Damian » 15 Nov 2005, 16:44

theraven1979 wrote:Just got the Promotional advance copy of this through yesterday - As part of the promo they had Hugh dressed as a posty to deliver this to my house. He had a "right face on (TM)" as he dropped this off for me. Not watched it all yet but there was a strange bit of kit that came with it. I`ve assembled it per the instructions and it turns out it`s a time machine. Tonight I`m off back to the Battersea Park gig then after dinner I might take in a Hope & Anchor gig before a quick mug of Horlicks and off to bed.

Jim
I have a mate who works in the factory that makes this, he nicked a copy, on it there is a section called 'uncut' which has a home movie of the Tape incident during the recording of Feline, another bit where in rome a member of another group or something is being interviewed and in the background Hugh comes through the wall. Full scale nice riot in widescreen and lots more.......... honest

Now where did I put that pint (12th today)