glastonbury

Post any Stranglers related juicy gossip ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

blackinjac
VERSATRAN SERIES F
Posts: 179
Joined: 06 Jul 2007, 13:52
Location: birmingham

Re: glastonbury

Post by blackinjac » 21 Feb 2009, 12:32

I will keep my fingers crossed as i will be there, The Damned got on the bill 3 or 4 years ago so why not ?... The Specials are rumoured to be playing there this year, so we have some quality support lined up for the MIB...
'Arise Sir Jet.....'

Lone Akita
VERSATRAN SERIES F
Posts: 181
Joined: 12 Feb 2009, 00:32

Re: glastonbury

Post by Lone Akita » 25 Feb 2009, 14:57

there is no way that they will ever perform at glastonbury i actually dont think jj would want to as he hates that eavis bloke or whatever his name is.

MissBristol
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:47

Re: glastonbury

Post by MissBristol » 06 Aug 2009, 22:53

The
Last edited by MissBristol on 12 Aug 2009, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
APOLLO79
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER
Posts: 4581
Joined: 01 Feb 2009, 23:32
Location: Glesga(the centre of Stranglerdom)

Re: glastonbury

Post by APOLLO79 » 06 Aug 2009, 23:43

Gastonbury? fuck 'em.Eavis and regardless of what JJ says in print.....they COULD'VE headlined a stage...and possibly at their commercial high points maybe done the main stage,headlined even.....
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'

MissBristol
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:47

Re: glastonbury

Post by MissBristol » 07 Aug 2009, 00:14

APOLLO79 wrote:Gastonbury? fuck 'em.Eavis and regardless of what JJ says in print.....they COULD'VE headlined a stage...and possibly at their commercial high points maybe done the main stage,headlined even.....
totally agree they would nail Glastonbury with ease, but I didnt read anything JJ said in print, he told me! I am gutted tho as i'd love to saee them there, well anywhere really, but there is on my doorstep.

Check out this link funny interview with JJ and Baz

http://www.esnips.com/doc/9114b970-1dd2 ... 08-Track-8

european duchess
VERSATRAN SERIES F
Posts: 218
Joined: 18 Apr 2008, 13:26
Location: south west

Re: glastonbury

Post by european duchess » 07 Aug 2009, 07:55

MissBristol wrote:
APOLLO79 wrote:Gastonbury? fuck 'em.Eavis and regardless of what JJ says in print.....they COULD'VE headlined a stage...and possibly at their commercial high points maybe done the main stage,headlined even.....
totally agree they would nail Glastonbury with ease, but I didnt read anything JJ said in print, he told me! I am gutted tho as i'd love to saee them there, well anywhere really, but there is on my doorstep.

Check out this link funny interview with JJ and Baz

http://www.esnips.com/doc/9114b970-1dd2 ... 08-Track-8
your on glast doorstep????where about if you dont mind me asking!!
i dont agree, which ever way you put it!

User avatar
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1864
Joined: 21 Feb 2003, 14:49
Location: Bath

Re: glastonbury

Post by saminblack » 07 Aug 2009, 09:00

MissBristol wrote:The Stranglers will not play Glastonbury for one simple reason - They are banned! JJ told me so it must be true! :roll:

According to the Glasto guide I picked up while I was there the ONLY band banned from Glastonbury is The Fall fro some reason. According to that interview in the Scottish Herald, the 'fall out' happened because of CND early in the 80s. At that time, of course, Hugh was in the band and yet despite hisn past connections he played at Glastonbury (and was utterly brilliant by the way) so I don't they are banned at all.

It would be brilliant exposure for them and I think they would go down really well so bring it on in 2010. In fact I may even start a Facebook campaign . . .
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive

MissBristol
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:47

Re: glastonbury

Post by MissBristol » 07 Aug 2009, 13:23

european duchess wrote:
MissBristol wrote:
APOLLO79 wrote:Gastonbury? fuck 'em.Eavis and regardless of what JJ says in print.....they COULD'VE headlined a stage...and possibly at their commercial high points maybe done the main stage,headlined even.....
totally agree they would nail Glastonbury with ease, but I didnt read anything JJ said in print, he told me! I am gutted tho as i'd love to saee them there, well anywhere really, but there is on my doorstep.

Check out this link funny interview with JJ and Baz

http://www.esnips.com/doc/9114b970-1dd2 ... 08-Track-8
your on glast doorstep????where about if you dont mind me asking!!
Im in dear old Brizzol just up the road my loverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

User avatar
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1864
Joined: 21 Feb 2003, 14:49
Location: Bath

Re: glastonbury

Post by saminblack » 07 Aug 2009, 14:17

[/quote]your on glast doorstep????where about if you dont mind me asking!![/quote]

Im in dear old Brizzol just up the road my loverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[/quote]



There was a bit of clue in your name about your whereabouts!!!!!???
You are not the actual Miss Bristol are you??? I have had to judge the Miss Bath contest a couple of times - tough work but someone had to do it!
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive

european duchess
VERSATRAN SERIES F
Posts: 218
Joined: 18 Apr 2008, 13:26
Location: south west

Re: glastonbury

Post by european duchess » 07 Aug 2009, 17:30

rrrrr thought you might be nearer to me like wells!!!! :smt006
i dont agree, which ever way you put it!

european duchess
VERSATRAN SERIES F
Posts: 218
Joined: 18 Apr 2008, 13:26
Location: south west

Re: glastonbury

Post by european duchess » 22 Feb 2010, 13:57

they ARE doing glastonbury!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but are also doing another the nite before in the west for us who cant do glastonbury!!!!!!
i dont agree, which ever way you put it!

User avatar
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 8614
Joined: 11 Mar 2009, 20:00
Location: Crewe

Re: glastonbury

Post by Alexinblack » 25 Feb 2010, 21:41

Yes there are mate, just a warm up before the big one.

Post Reply