glastonbury

Post any Stranglers related juicy gossip ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

european duchess
VERSATRAN SERIES F

glastonbury

Post by european duchess » 10 Feb 2009, 21:41

do you think the stranglers will be on the list this year?
might boost the amount of strangler fans in somerset for a moment! i think im the only one in somerset though did see someone wear a black and white t shirt not so long ago at his front door. :smt006
i dont agree, which ever way you put it!

Carpaccio of tuna
SHAKESPEARO

Re: glastonbury

Post by Carpaccio of tuna » 10 Feb 2009, 22:03

They would probably be put on at 6am, given how well they seem to have pissed off the music industry.....bless em!

Turkey Troter
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Turkey Troter » 12 Feb 2009, 10:47

european duchess wrote:do you think the stranglers will be on the list this year?
might boost the amount of strangler fans in somerset for a moment! i think im the only one in somerset though did see someone wear a black and white t shirt not so long ago at his front door. :smt006
How many doors did you have to knock on untill you found one? :lol:
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 12 Feb 2009, 10:49

Eavis hates them, doesn't he?

Not sure what Butthead thinks, mind.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

european duchess
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by european duchess » 12 Feb 2009, 11:08

Turkey Troter wrote:
european duchess wrote:do you think the stranglers will be on the list this year?
How many doors did you have to knock on untill you found one? :lol:
dont know what you mean by that but I was passing in a hurry, and he was waving goodbye to somone.

european duchess
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by european duchess » 12 Feb 2009, 11:09

Alias wrote:Eavis hates them, doesn't he?

Really!
didnt know that.

shame.

FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by FenDale » 12 Feb 2009, 15:46

european duchess wrote:

Really!
didnt know that.

shame.
You think Eavis likes all the acts he puts on? If I remember correctly it's his daughter who got the blame/credit for booking Jay-Z last year so maybe he has devolved that side of the business. At least playing at Glastonbury wouldn't take too much time out of a day recording the new album down at The Farm would it!
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!

european duchess
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by european duchess » 12 Feb 2009, 15:54

FenDale wrote:
european duchess wrote:

Really!
didnt know that.

shame.
You think Eavis likes all the acts he puts on? If I remember correctly it's his daughter who got the blame/credit for booking Jay-Z last year so maybe he has devolved that side of the business. At least playing at Glastonbury wouldn't take too much time out of a day recording the new album down at The Farm would it!

as long as they havent had too much local cider!

jbinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by jbinblack » 12 Feb 2009, 15:58

european duchess wrote:
FenDale wrote:
as long as they havent had too much local cider!
Too true!! :lol: :lol:
Trust in God, but lock your car

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard » 12 Feb 2009, 16:47

I hope they don't as the festival has sold out so there would be zero chance of getting a ticket and a even bigger zero chance of any of their performance being shown on BBC! :evil:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack » 12 Feb 2009, 19:23

I work in Bath and live on the Wiltshire border near Bradford on Avon and (please don't put me on a slow boat to...) Trowbridge so I am pretty close...where are you Euro Duchess? And did you may it to (all roads lead to) Frome?

As for Glastonbury...don't rule it out as it is just around the corner from the band's base and everyone around here knows the bosses of the gig. I just have a sneak suspicion that they may be on it this time as will the mighty SPRINGSTEEN!!!!

Incidentally at the time of Glastonbury last year I went down to see the band at Exeter for the Exeter Summer Festival (or some such event) and JJ said 'we wouldn't want to be in the mud of Glasto...we would much rather be here at the Exeter (Whateveritiscalled) Festival'. He did, however, have a big smile when he said it!!!

But Glasto 09? Don't rule it out...
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive

european duchess
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by european duchess » 12 Feb 2009, 19:44

saminblack wrote:
I work in Bath and live on the Wiltshire border near Bradford on Avon and (please don't put me on a slow boat to...) Trowbridge so I am pretty close...where are you Euro Duchess? Wells., And did you may it to (all roads lead to) Frome?
that song is driving me nuts as i go through trowbridge on the way to bristol on the train sometimes (from castle cary), but i dont dislike the song, infact played it several times since i heard hugh today am! i heard him play it live when he did his gig @ bridgewater last year was it now?

As for Glastonbury...don't rule it out as it is just around the corner from the band's base and everyone around here knows the bosses of the gig. I just have a sneak suspicion that they may be on it this time as will the mighty SPRINGSTEEN!!!!

Incidentally at the time of Glastonbury last year I went down to see the band at Exeter for the Exeter Summer Festival (or some such event) and JJ said 'we wouldn't want to be in the mud of Glasto...we would much rather be here at the Exeter (Whateveritiscalled) Festival'. He did, however, have a big smile when he said it!!!

But Glasto 09? Don't rule it out...