How Rare Is This Cover?

Post any Stranglers related juicy gossip ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

APOLLO79
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: How Rare Is This Cover?

Post by APOLLO79 » 19 Feb 2010, 00:03

Fuck knows but it's not as rare as the sirloin I'm eating right now...
oh that was poor...do I get banned for that? :shock:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'

foolsrushout
Down In The Sewer

Post by foolsrushout » 19 Feb 2010, 01:36

Mart wrote:When Feline came out i bought it from HMV in Bham city centre on the first day of release, i managed to get 2 out of supposedly 10 available copies of album with the band's autographs embossed in silver, one in each corner, anyone know how rare this is ?
Mart I picked up one of those in a collectors shop in Soho in the 80s on a trip over from Ireland for a Sculpture gig at the Dominion ..Paid 25 quid for it and was told it was gart of the first 100 copies sold ...dont think there are only 10 but they were limited and official epic promo copies for early buyers ...think you would get about 40 quid for a mint one now ..dont think the band ever did autographed copies for any other release ????
wants to be left alone....

raven1
Rats Rally

Post by raven1 » 19 Feb 2010, 11:36

the about time cd and album was autographec as well
raven records on ebay lots of stranglers items for sale.

droopsnoot
The Raven
The Raven

Post by droopsnoot » 19 Feb 2010, 11:37

I hadn't heard of an embossed one, but I do remember an advert for the shop that was promoting autographed copies for the first few. Is it the signatures themselves that are embossed, or the cat?

I had my Dutch GFTSC single autographed by JJ at one of the "About Time" signing sessions in the HMV shop in, I think, Leeds. He said he'd been in the town that afternoon and seen one for sale at around £300, but I guess that was a UK issue.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall

foolsrushout
Down In The Sewer

Post by foolsrushout » 20 Feb 2010, 02:37

droopsnoot wrote:I hadn't heard of an embossed one, but I do remember an advert for the shop that was promoting autographed copies for the first few. Is it the signatures themselves that are embossed, or the cat?

I had my Dutch GFTSC single autographed by JJ at one of the "About Time" signing sessions in the HMV shop in, I think, Leeds. He said he'd been in the town that afternoon and seen one for sale at around £300, but I guess that was a UK issue.
the 4 signatures are in bold silver pen in the 4 corners of the sleeve ..the cover is exact same as later copies with slightly embossed feline ...autographs are small but clear ..had my dutch GFTSC Signed by JJ at the peterbourough convention ..big mistake as he dated it :smt013
wants to be left alone....

50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches » 20 Feb 2010, 02:54

foolsrushout wrote: ..big mistake as he dated it :smt013
Yeah I know what you mean, Hugh dated my f****** Turkish NMH :smt013
Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer!!

NMH1965
The Raven
The Raven

Post by NMH1965 » 20 Feb 2010, 10:04

foolsrushout wrote:
Mart wrote:When Feline came out i bought it from HMV in Bham city centre on the first day of release, i managed to get 2 out of supposedly 10 available copies of album with the band's autographs embossed in silver, one in each corner, anyone know how rare this is ?
Mart I picked up one of those in a collectors shop in Soho in the 80s on a trip over from Ireland for a Sculpture gig at the Dominion ..Paid 25 quid for it and was told it was gart of the first 100 copies sold ...dont think there are only 10 but they were limited and official epic promo copies for early buyers ...think you would get about 40 quid for a mint one now ..dont think the band ever did autographed copies for any other release ????
From what I know on the subject and for what it worth. The band did a few promotional signings of Feline at, or for some of the larger HMV shops.

The last couple of times it has been on ebay it went for about £40-£60 :!:

Still trying to track one down myself 8)

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!

raven1
Rats Rally

Post by raven1 » 20 Feb 2010, 13:57

dutch copy
Attachments
Picture 020.jpg
Picture 020.jpg (81.48 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

raven1
Rats Rally

Post by raven1 » 20 Feb 2010, 13:57

blue bootleg
Attachments
Picture 021.jpg
Picture 021.jpg (61.38 KiB) Viewed 1637 times

Mart
Rats Rally

Post by Mart » 21 Feb 2010, 23:31

NMH1965 wrote:
foolsrushout wrote:
From what I know on the subject and for what it worth. The band did a few promotional signings of Feline at, or for some of the larger HMV shops.

The last couple of times it has been on ebay it went for about £40-£60 :!:

Still trying to track one down myself 8)

:?
Cheers guys, yes the signatures were in each corner signed in silver pen, i worked in bham at the time and was waiting for the doors to open on the first of release, just remember the assistant saying they only had 10 signed copies when i asked for 2, he gave in and sold me 2 in the end
When i rest my weary head after all my words are said